Friday, July 28, 2006

Oh Yeah, Baby!

Well, well, well... lookie what we have here,


I am going to see the Pussycat Dolls concert later at the Araneta. Woohoo! My sister and I were really planning on going even if we didn't these two lovely tickets. But since I won these, we'll be watching for free, baby!

I won these tickets on the radio. You could say beginner's luck as it was my first time to join anything on the radio. So here's what happened:

I was waiting in line for an FX. Usually, I listen to my music and not to the radio when I am on my way home. But during this particular Tuesday night, I opted to listen to the radio. And instead of tuning into RX, which is the station I listen to more often, I tuned into Magic.

I was near our house when they announced that they're giving away tickets for the PCD concert. I thought I'd give it a shot. Who knows, right? So I typed the needed information according to the format given and when I was about to send it, I forgot the number to send it to. I was able to text in my entry some 10 minutes later and obviously, I can't be the 35th texter. I even hesitated for awhile since I know I won't make it as the 35th texter. Then I though what the heck and sent it anyway. I hoped for the best but at the same time, I didn't keep my hopes high. I went up, turned on the PC but kept on listening to the radio.

After a few minutes, they tried calling the 35th texter (no, it wasn't me). On the first try, someone asnwered but put it down immediately. They tried calling her twice but nobody was picking up. That was when they decided to pick another one instead. And then I heard our phone ring. I didn't pick up cos I was surfing the net and ironing my hair straight at the same time. Manang Bebot answered the phone then put it down. It rang again. She answered it then put it down again. Then the third time it rang. I put on my earphones (which I removed for they were getting in the way of me straightening my hair) and heard Manang's voice on the radio. Upon realizing that it was I who they were calling, I ran as fast as I can downstairs while yelling, "Manang, akin yan!" The rest, as they say, is history.

Heaps of thanks to CJ and Faith, the DJs who picked my number from the sea of text messages received that night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails