Friday, January 13, 2023

New Year New Emz

Day whatever of just winging the new year. Been without kasambahays for two weeks now and it's killing meeeeee! Normally, it wouldn't; however, the parents are sick and aside from making sure we have food to eat (I don't cook so I just buy online in the village marketplace), I have to take care of them. It would also be easier if things weren't happening in the time of COVID. I made myself sleep in the room right above theirs so I can hear them at night. The other night, my Dad had been coughing continuously at 3am in the morning. I woke up right away and went down to their bedroom, asked how he's feeling and made him take mucosulvan- THANK GOD IT WORKED! I tested Mommy pala and she's negative for COVID, tester her twice so it's not COVID. It was Mommy who got the sore throat and started coughing first. Must be the weather or some other kind of flu. Anyway, while undergoing this ordeal, I was able to come up with a short list of reasons why I'm still grateful ☺

  • My sisters! They're not here with me physically, but it's such a relief to know I have four more persons to rely on. I have four other persons to ask help from kahit not physically taking care of our parents, but in tending to our needs like meds for Mommy and Daddy, our food for the day, etc. Kahit yung may makakausap ka lang sobrang malaking bagay na 'yun. I am glad I have four ☺
  • My new assistant. He's (yes he's a he, but identifies as a she) doesn't know much housework, but he's been a big help pa rin. He helps with a few things in the shop (I don't let him do a lot of things yet since he hasn't been "trained" to do those stuff, so I assign to him very easy and hindi naman kailangan masyado ng skillzzz) and he does the dishes after every meal and he cooks the rice. He's not Manang nor Meme, but malaking bagay na he's here to help me. Ayoko po sana na pumunta siya agad dito kasi feeling ko I can manage the business alone until April or May- galawang kuripot ba. Haha. But yeah, I'm glad he's here now. Kahit he's going back to school on June and I have to find a new assistant before he leaves. I just hope I do find a new one before he leaves and I hope that the new one will be masipag, mabait, may kusa and honest. 
  • Manang, Meme and Nonoy may not be perfect but I am so grateful for them for making our lives SO MUCH EASIER. As in. I swear, God didn't give me a family of my own or kahit children man lang, cos he knows I can't handle it. He knows my time management skills is zilch. Ang dami kong reklamo sa kanila, but right now I realize how much convenience they're providing for our family. I sort of realized that before during our first bout with COVID here in the house, but this time I feel it's more difficult cos my sister's not here.
  • BTS. Tama yung sinasabi nila na you don't find BTS, BTS finds you just when you need them the most. Well, as for me, I've been a fan since April 2020 (I just made it May para isang celebration na with Mommy's birthday), but it's only now that I feel the comfort of being their fan. Their videos have been keeping me company, making me laugh in this sorta-mej sad period of my life. I love the boys so much and I really wish I can see them perform live in-person when they all finish military service on 2025. I'll be 43 then. Hehehe. 
That's it for now. I wrote down three things I'm grateful for everyday but I can't remember it all now and I'm sure not everything I can write down here. So anyway, it's past my bedtime (yes, I've been sleeping earlier now- bagong bisyo ng tander me) and I have to bid you adieu, my online self. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails