Friday, May 6, 2016

Hit-Or-Miss

Ganyan ang buhay ko ngayon. Not that it's bad but right now I am just taking things one day at a time. Well, it's how I've been living life since, umm, after I graduated from college? Haha. Bahala na si Batman. I'll do what I think I should do in this life- make a living, pay my bills, enjoy my time with family and friends, be happy. I've stopped taking things seriously when I've acknowledged that we can plan all we want but if things aren't meant to be, they will not happen and vice versa. Well yes, masyadong fatalistic but as I see it, it's pretty much what happens. I'm not saying I'll just wait for things to happen but I'll still put my best efforts in and in the event that it doesn't (or does) happen, then I'll have to understand that's just how the universe works.

So what's eating me these days? The same as to what was eating me 11 years ago- ze nail shop. Mantakin mo 11 years na pala siya at hanggang ngayon paikot pa rin ng funds. But to be fair, it was what paid for my Spanish language classes in IC. Anyway, after being evicted from original place of business, business has been slow that nail technicians stopped going to work (na walang pasabi!) and it's been a Herculean task to find new ones and equally difficult to make them stay. I tend to get easily affected by stuff happening around me so there was this one time I was venting out to my friend, C, how I couldn't get new nail techs and the good ones are leaving maybe because they want higher daily pay which I can't give but they won't take commission-based add-ons (because that means they'll have to work for it). C asked what do I get in return from all the stress the shop's been giving me, in other words- kumikita ba siya? I answered her, "None." Her advise was to let it go. And I've seriously considered doing so but I don't want to give up on it yet. I want a sign from God, from the universe. And recently I've been getting a lot of messages to let go like in that Facebook App where you get daily messages from "God" and from this article on Huffington Post.

Part of me really wants to give it up, let go. Part of me wants to give it one more try. Maybe it's my pride. Folding up would mean I lost the village spa wars- I wasn't the last one standing. Maybe it's also realizing there's so much potential in this business and it's actually my source of passive income (if there's any, haha) because I don't have to be there physically for me to earn. The business is heavily dependent on people with a specific skill which makes it difficult to find people who are good at it + honest + masipag + actually cares for the business. My cynicism has been actually brought about by people who have worked for me. Hindi na nga ako naaawa sa mga drama ng mahihirap. Haha. Maka-mahirap ako akala mo naman ang yaman ko, no? Ika nga ng kanta ni Jose Mari Chan, I've been hurt and I've been burned before. Maybe I'll give it until the end of the year.

To be honest, cuticle care hasn't been my passion. I rarely have my maniped done even if I own a nail spa. I'm also thinking that if I close the nail spa, I can focus all my time and manpower (my PA and I) on the scents biz, meaning joining bazaars more often.

Haaaay I don't know. As I've said, I'm just taking things one day at a time.

♦ ♦ ♦

Election day is on Monday already but I haven't decided yet on who to vote for as President. Definitely out na si Mar and Binay. Grace is it still my bet but I'm still considering Duterte and MDS. Si Duterte kasi although doer, napaka-unstatesmanlike. With MDS naman, I feel she's the most qualified for the position but alas, her health concerns concern me. A BBM vice-presidency is possible and if Miriam wins the election but loses her battle with cancer, then the country will have another Marcos as a president at hindi natin gusto yun. Hay, decisions, decisions...

♦ ♦ ♦

And oh, did I mention that we're finally going to Korea on September? Finally! I'm so so so excited ☺ I have to lose weight na talaga para hindi naman ako mukhang blob sa pictures. I'm so friggin' fat already. I'm doing a ClearStart colon cleanse right now and hopefully it works. It's been 12 days since I started and I'm still bloated (o baka taba lang talaga yun?). But hopefully this stuff works. 

So that's it pansit- ang mga ganap sa buhay ko. I'm writing another post on my recent new food finds ☺ and of course, ze gratitude list. Toodles XOXO

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails