Monday, June 8, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge: P.S. I Still Love You

via 
One of my most-awaited releases this year, Jenny Han's P.S. I Still Love You. I love love love To All The Boys I've Loved Before, like five-stars love, and with that super bitin ending, I've been always on the look out for the sequel and now here it is  I think this book was the main reason I hurried up and finished reading The Girl On The Train.

I loved PS but not as much as To All The Boys. I initially gave it three stars on Goodreads but then I had a change of heart and have it four stars because three stars is what I give those books na okay lang, it was a nice story but I'm not so crazy about and PS deserved more than that, hence the upgrade.

Out of all Jenny Han books I've read, Lara Jean is my favorite. I can't remember if I have made the comparison between Belly and Lara Jean, but what I remember is Belly was annoying and there wasn't a time I got annoyed at Lara Jean, even if it seemed she was a little too sweet-sweetan. Actually, it seemed as if she was really sweet and it wasn't just an act. But then again, how Lara Jean talks and moves and how she thinks (at least, how I think I see her talk and move in my mind), it's as of she's only a year older than Kitty.

Speaking of sweet, is it just me or was there too much mention of cakes in this book? Haha. Pero seryoso, andami masyadong mention ng cakes and cookies. Naumay ako ng unti.

And so the big question is- Peter Kavinsky or John Ambrose?

[cue Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko music]

Umm, yes this was my favorite part of the book- the kilig parts ☺ Even if Johnny seemed to be the better man, of course I still rooted for Kavinsky. What was frustrating was that he wouldn't tell LJ what really was going in between him and Gen. If it would give LJ some peace of mind, then I think he should've told her. I believe Lara Jean wouldn't tell anyone, not even Chris if Peter would make her promise not to tell anyone. Well, maybe she'd tell Margot but who would she tell? She's over yonder in Scotland. So yeah, I'm still for Peter Kavinsky. Haay, we always go for the "bad boys," don't we? Plus, LJ didn't have that much chemistry with John, but we welcomed his character because we knew he'd make Peter jealous. Ahhh, yessss.

But I agree with what one book blogger said- that the ending was a little too hurried. John Ambrose gave up Lara Jean just like that? Parang mas madami pang pages dedicated to the cakes and cookies. Hahaha.

I was expecting that PS was just the second part of yet another trilogy but looks like this is where the story ends.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails