Thursday, February 27, 2014

Books Before Boys (but I guess not when you're in your 30s)

Uy in fair marami-rami ang posts ko this month.

Anyhoo, I just feel like posting this book list here to track my progress as well. Some time Valentines week, I found this article on epicreads.com- 30 Contemporary YA Romance Reads and since YA is my genre of choice as of the moment and I am a sucker for anything romantic, I decided to, at least, try reading everything in the list. Fortunately, I have read about one third of the list which leaves with just 20 more.

So without further ado, ze list:

{image source}
1. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
3. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
4. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
5. Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles
6. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
8. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
9. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
10. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
11. How to Love by Katie Cotugno
12. Rock and A Hard Place by Angie Stanton
13. Crash by Nicole Williams
14. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord 04/2014
15. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
16. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandi Nelson
17. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
18. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
19. Every Day by David Levithan
20. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay 7/2014
21. The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik 3/12/14
22. If We Kiss by Rachel Vail 3/13/14
23. Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
24. The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
25. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler  3/9/14
26. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer
27. Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski
28. Street Love by Walter Dean Myers
29. Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook
30. If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan

Apparently, I have read almost lang pala 33% of this list. I'm currently reading The Book of Broken Hearts and hopefully I could tick off another title soon.

I'm happy that the list has Eleanor and Park and Sloppy Firsts because they're two of my favorite books ever. Of the first nine books I've read in this list, I've liked everything except for Before I Fall and also I was not too big on The Summer I Turned Pretty (which I "read" via an audiobook so I was thinking maybe I didn't like the book because I found the narrator's voice annoying). Hopefully hopefully, I'll be able to finish everything in here this year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails