Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I'm Giving Up On You

And that goes out to you, mi patria adorada. It's not that I don't love you anymore, it's just I am now disillusioned with what has become of you, my beloved country. Not all hope's lost. Maybe, just maybe we can still turn this around.

taken near NCCA. 9/6/2014.
on our way to pick up my birthday fudamchi
So what brought about this change of heart? Umm, siguro lahat ng nangyayari sa bansa plus my experiences as a dissatisfied citizen. I am not well-traveled; I've only been to two other countries- Thailand and Singapore, but why do I get the feeling that our government is doing its best to inconvenience us (that is in comparison with the two aforementioned countries). Ang Pilipinas ay isang malaking model ng broken windows theory.



Anong balita sa radio at TV?
Gan'un pa rin; kumakapa sa dilim
Minsay naisip ko nang umalis na lang dito
Limutin ang lahat, lumipad lumayo


We are a great country, no doubt about that, but  we are a country governed by a bunch of thieves and liars. Tingin ko sa gobyerno natin ay isang buwitre.

{image source}
This is a disturbing and sad picture of a vulture waiting for his prey, the child, to die and this is also a perfect depiction of our government vs. the people. Lecheng buwitre kayo.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails