Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Before I Get Back to Work

Now that I've gotten that kalechehan off my chest, let's move on to why life is good ☺

Well, thank God that these two things that have been haunting me for close to six years already, I've finally dealt with and yes, these two things were also the source of my tirade. Ngayon isa na lang multo ko. CHANGE TOPIC!!!!

So after last Tuesday's urgent errands, picked up my order from Shang then walked all the way to Megamall where I was meeting my friend who had something to give me from her travel abroad. We were scheduled to meet at 5:30 pm. I arrived in Mega 3:30pm, so what to do with two hours to kill? let me count the ways:
  1. I had one Happy Lemon GC left so as soon as I stepped foot inside Megamall, I dragged my ass and my five-kilo-baggage all the way to Happy Lemon. Ordered my usual- Coffee with Rock Salt & Cheese. Facebook-ed. Twitter-ed. And Instagrammed. Used up all my lives in Farm Heroes Saga and Candy Crush. And I still had an hour to kill- it's only 4:30
  2. Tempted to watch Gone Girl instead of going around the mall. Checked movie schedule. Alanganin na to watch a movie. 4:35 pa lang.
  3. So I went inside Forever 21 to see if there's something in there that would tickle my fancy since I'm in the mood to spend on myself because after spending so much on other people, I FRAKKIN DESERVE TO SPLURGE ON MYSELF. But there was nothing worth splurging on so I left empty-handed. 4:45 pa lang.
  4. Went inside SM Department Store to see if the polka-dotted blouse I've been eyeing was still available. Sadly, it's not there anymore. Hindi talaga kami meant to be. Gallivanted around the health & beauty section and dropped by Makeup Factory to inquire re: mineral make up. Napasubo sa "makeover." It's almost 6pm and the makeover's not yet done. J called a little past 6. 
And that, my friends, was how I spent two hours while waiting for J. We had dinner at Phoa Hoa. Chikahan over beef noodles. And here's my pasalubong

I had three choices- this blue one, a red one and one bluish green. If hadn't known yet that royal blue/ blue-colored things will improve my aura, I would've chosen the iridiscent green-blue one. But now that I'm collecting blue things, I chose this one. I'm trying to pray the rosary every day which reminds me I have to review the mysteries.

I came home fully made-up and mommy liked it. Thank God mommy liked it because she gave me money to buy the foundation- HUZZAH! I was really going to buy the mineral foundation from Makeup Factory because I was feeling sorry for myself at that time but I was going back for it on Friday (Oct 17) because they were going to have a sale and if I were to buy within the first two hours of store hours, I get 20%-ish off the product. So I went back Friday morning and my gulay talagang madness sale siya kahit wala pang midnight- arrived 11 am (pasok pa rin sa 2 hours) and I made V line up already. Got my make up and went back in line. AFTER THREE FRAKKIN' HOURS, we were still in line. Kalorks. And that was all I was buying- two items. Buti sana kung pangregalo ko na sa buong sambayanan sa pasko. Oh well. "Sana gumanda ka jan sa makeup mo, ha," sabi ni V.

dahil kailangan ko talaga ng pambura ng fez
Thanks, Mommy!! ♥ Iba na talaga 'pag type ni mommy ang type ko- may funding! Haha. 

Was back in Megamall Wednesday to meet A. No plans to go to mega but since I think she fixed her schedule in a way that she'll be in BSA office last Wednesday since I asked her if she'll be there as I was then planning to pick up waxes and stuff on Wednesday. Dahil mabait akong friend, nag-effort ako ☺ And to justify my lakwatsa, I had labels printed na rin.

Met with A for late lunch at Pollo Loco. Seryosong tanong- bakit wala masyadong branch ang Pollo Loco? I lurve Pollo Loco. Their chicken is waaaaay better than Chicken joy and Chicken McDo. Hmm.. I wonder if they have delivery? So anyway... after lunch we had dessert at Tim Ho Wan. We had hakao for dessert. Hakao for dessert! And that's not all. Apparently, hakao was our prelude to dessert. This was dessert


I'm in love with their mint chocolate macaroons and their mango panna cotta (and the glass jars the panna cotta comes in). Actually, I think I'm more in love with the glass jars and the panna cotta is my bonus ☺ 

I got sick over the weekend. I was supposed to go to A's parents' 36th wedding anniversary but since I was under the weather, I just stayed at home and rested. Betet, Vicks, Katinko, Fisherman's Friend and Tuseran Forte kept me company. 

At siempre kahit may sakit pa rin but feeling a whole lot better compared to how I was feeling during the weekend, I was back to lakwatsa mode Monday! Jo's back in Manila and she wanted to meet up. Almost all my close friends aren't Manila-based so when they come here in Manila, I try my best to meet up with them. So Monday morning, after paying my taxes (PAKSHET!), I hauled my ass off to the wonderful world of Divisoria. 

As usual I was late for our 10 am "call time." Para maiba naman, we had lunch at Tonkatsu in Lucky Chinatown instead of Wai Ying. 


Tonkatsu is also owned by the same people behind Italianni's. My katsu heart belongs to Yabu and if not for Jo, I would have not tried this other katsu place. This is what I had- 


That is 120 gram rosu with unlimited cabbage, rice and miso soup. The pork cutlets were a little smaller than Yabu's but they're yummy and tender just the same, but Yabu still has better tonkatsu sauce, better-tasting roasted sesame dressing and better fruit choices. Of all the fruits in the market, why did they decide to put corn? Corn! But aside from the sauces and the 'fruit' included in the set, I liked it. Yum yum yum yum, delicioso! 

So there, my food adventures and other kababawan that make my life worthwhile. Haha. Pakshet pa din ang gobyerno.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails