Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I Watch Too Much TV: Gilmore Girls Season 1

Just finished watching season 1 of Gilmore Girls and I loved it!

|source|
I remember AC watching the series on Studio 23 but since I'm a little retarded in my choice of TV shows, Gilmore Girls at that time wasn't to my liking. I was already in college at that time pero yung mental age ko then was below 18, haha! Aside from Dawson's Creek and Smallville, I just watched lots of  Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. But when you come to think of it, mas risque pa pala and DC kaysa sa Gilmore Girls. So anyway, I'm so loving Gilmore Girls. I'm on a roll and I going to finish everything before the year ends. It's the perfect companion to all my production work this season.

Lorelai was the original manic pixie dream girl. She was an MPDG even before there was a term for it. That is just my opinion but I strongly believe that she was Zooey Deschanel's predecessor. And in season 1, Alexis Bledel was so nene. Rory's, what, 16? When Blair and Serena were 16, they were getting high, drunk or fornicating. We need more TV characters like Rory for teenage girls to emulate. Even if there were not too much sexy times in Gilmore Girls, I still got kilig over the Dean-Rory-Tristin triangle and the will-they-or-wont-they relationship of Luke and Lorelai. Plus, Lorelai and her mother's bickering is something I can relate to very much.

Oh hey I just realized that Gilmore Girls is the original GG. But to me GG will forever refer to Gossip Girl. Unconditional love, y'all!

So yeah, will go now to continue with my Gilmore Girls marathon ☺

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails