Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Life Begins At 32!

And so I am 32. Just like when I turned 30 or 31, I didn't feel different. To be honest, I still feel like a teenager only with more bodily pains and aches. Haha! Which, in hindsight, is not actually funny. The only difference from now and 17 years ago is the excess poundage and of course, responsibilities and duties of being an adult. Dammit.

Claimed my annual birthday treat from AD a day earlier. Had the day perfectly planned out but mommy needed me to do this one errand which threw everything off course. I walked so much I beat my personal record- the pedometer counted 16000+ steps! And of course I was dead tired from all the walking I did and it was only 11:30 in the morning.

Had lunch here and I. LOVED. IT.
Ycel's home from Dubai and since this is the only common "free" day we had, she joined AD and I for lunch. So we had a booboo and ordered almost that has shrimps in it and Ycel is allergic to shrimps. 

pomelo salad
prawn cakes
EVERYTHING'S YUMMY! I was in Thai food heaven☺ Everything- the prawn cakes, pomelo salad, beef rendang, cinnamon pork ribs! And to think I was hesitant at first to try the cinnamon pork ribs just because it had cinnamon. You see, I dislike cinnamon- the taste, the scent- so I avoid everything cinnamon. But thank God I mustered enough courage to try the dish and it was scrumptious. Didn't taste like cinnamon at all. 

After lunch, spent time with Ycel (which she spent shopping) in my favorite store, Landmark. I also introduced her to the wonderful world of Uniqlo from where I buy my uniform- shorts- but I only buy them when they're on promo. I was willing to make paiwan in Makati to spend more time but she had another get-together to go to so it was adieu for us. Well, my feet were also already killing me so I guess blessing in disguise.

The day of reckoning~ birthday greetings from autobots. Harhar
This sort-of personalized birthday Google homepage is so cool!
But of course, there's also one from Facebook. Papatalo ba siya?
And one from my alma mater, quoting Dr. Seuss
And of course a few greetings from friends on Facebook and through text. This year, I got plenty of bags for gifts. Birthday money from AB. Shirts from AD. Fudamchi from AC. The kids made me birthday cards~



So cute! Joaquim even gave me three stuffed toys/keychains which are actually his. That boy is so sweet and I hope he stays that way forever. 

And this I got from daddy- DINUGUAN!

Well, technically, it was from daddy but since he's sick, manang was the one who made it and the timpla just wasn't the same. It wasn't "anemic," like daddy's recipe. But it was delicious pa rin. I didn't want to share it with the guests nga eh, haha! But oh well, I have to share the calories. 

And oh, I bought my own birthday cake. Pathetic ba? Haha.


Default birthday cake from Becky's Kitchen- Swiss Chocolate Cake. I knew I'd be able to use that aqua sprinkles I bought from Chefs and Bakers. Just look at my cake- so pretty ♥

So yeah, I pretty much enjoyed my 32nd birthday with lotsa food and great company. It was also our first time to see Michelle again after her cancer came back. I missed her and our bonding over Korean dramas and baduy Tagalog romcoms and last Saturday we had a nice time catching up on our Korean series. 

But wait.. there's more! A day is never enough to celebrate my birthday. I need a month. Haha. So will be divi-tripping on Monday to buy supplies and I think I know what I'm buying with the birthday money AB gave me- an external hard drive! ☺

Gaaaahd I really feel time is running out and I'm wasting too much time but then again I don't know what's important in this life. Do I put importance on my happiness by being more carefree and less worrisome with regard to my finances and "career," or work like crazy towards my goal of being a landlady of leisure? Decisions, decisions... Well, siguro I could say that my birthday gift to myself is that Sunlife life insurance investment. Frakkin grown-up concerns.

So here's to the start of my 32nd year and here's hoping I see either New York City or Korea before I turn 33. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails