Thursday, August 21, 2014

You can turn off the sun but I'm still gonna shine...

My birthday is only two weeks away, YAY!!! However, I am having these feeling of inadequacies again. Kuma-quarter life crisis lang uli. Dagdagan pa ng weight gain na bonggang-bongga and I'm definitely sulking my life away with a bag of White Cheddar Pop Corners and a Coke. It's a vicious cycle, y'all, and I am sucked right into it.

So anyway, this is an update of what I've been doing with my life which I tell you right now is not much. Haha! I started blogging nine years ago as some sort of therapy- writing down my feelings, getting it out of my system. I also journal old-school style with pen and paper but I wanted to post music, pictures and occasionally, videos, so that's why I made this. Pansin ko lang that most of my posts nowadays are about books that I've read, food I've eaten and mostly material stuff. In fair naman din mas marami akong personal life posts this 2014 as compared to last year. Okay, lezdodizzzz ☺

(+/-) Place of business already transferred here in the house. It has pros and cons but now mas feel ko ang cons. Sales has been lower than what's usual of August and I attribute that to the fact that we are not very accessible. It's like starting from scratch again wherein we had to do flyering and post tarps around the village. In fair I think I'd pay less for electricity. One of the cons I can see is our customers trying out the competitors' services first as they're much more visible and accessible. I just hope they'd still look for our brand of service. Our space is very limited now- no space for waxing and massages.




I hope eventually sales will go higher cos if the customers get used to coming here, we'll convert part of the garage into the nail care area so the upstairs aka my ex-lab will be the waxing and massage area. As of now, pakiramdaman muna. 

Another con I can see is that I am now again without a work space for my other business. The sink area is still where I'd work but then I will miss the luxury of having a big space to work in. This means working in the library or AB's room which also means I'd have to clean up my mess after every working day. Ako pa naman I leave my work space as it is, mess and all, becauSKse that means getting back on track in less time. Mahirap nang kumuha uli ng momentum, no? I guess I really have to start production early and be more systematic this time.

(+) Reunions. Started with my reunion with Lola X who's home for the weekend from Singapore. I think the last time I saw her was during our SG visit. Met up with her for some catching-up an also to get my stash- the SK-II and the pen I bought. Merienda at Red Mango na may bonus sighting pa ni Richard Poon at Arron Villafor. 


I lost the teal one she gave me two birthdays ago and I have grown so attached
to it that I want a replacement. I had her buy me a new one, same color sana but
they didn't have stock at that time, hence this green one.
Advanced bday gift ko na lang daw. Thanks, Lola! ☺ Ahlavet.
Before meeting with Lola X, I met first with my IC friends J & J. Lola X and I agreed to meeting at 3 in the afternoon and as I was already in Manila at 11:30, I sought after my IC friends who I haven't seen for quite some time. Lunch with J & J at Lido Cocina Tsina, J's treat. New stories regarding our friend's complex lovelife and other IC chismis. Nakita ko rin si Tonya Ferrer. Mas sosi na si Tonya kasi may posse na siya. Ick. 

Also met up with Dra. D for a "business proposition," aka a networking shizz. Kahit ano pa sabihin nila na hindi siya networking, there's still some semblance to one. Haven't seen Dra. D since college graduation, I think, and it's good to know that everything's still the same. It's good to know that some people stay humble and down-to-earth albeit their accomplishments. Emphasis on some kasi may some din na akala mo na kung sino... bago ka makarating sa inyo, kailangan ka muna dumating sa secretary niya. O ha! Tapak naman paminsan-minsan sa lupa, teh!

Most recent reunion with Lola J, Prinsesa ng Binondo. Had lunch at Wai Ying for the nth time and although I was disappointed with their hakaw, solve pa din. As usual, kwentuhan about life and love (or the lack thereof) at life and love ng ibang tao (ehem, Lola Juningning!). For the first time after downloading the 10,000 steps app, that was the only time I did move/walk 10,000 times. 

And now I am excited to be reunited with Lola Y! She's coming home this September and she's here on my birthday, yay! ☺ Haven't seen her for a year and a half already and I miss her so much already. Alam ko gusto niyang mag-Dubai pero mas gusto kong andito siya sa, haha. So excited for our meet and greet, hehe ☺

(-) At dahi na-open ko na ang topic na hakaw, I just want to share my dissatisfaction with Tim Ho Wan. Finally got to try this very-much-talked-about dim sum place last month. Umm... it was okay. Nothing special. Just liked their BBQ pork buns and all the other food were only so-so, in my opinion. 
Yummeh! 
Ha-kaw na!
So yesterday A and I ate at Tim Ho Wan and our bill was 1,500++ And there was just the two of us and we didn't even eat that much. Feeling ko na-hold up ako. Haha! I'd come back here only to eat bbq pork buns. For my hakaw fix, I'd go to Wai Ying instead. Sana nag-ramen na lang ako. Or Pollo Loco. Kahit chicken joy mas masaya pa ako. 

(+) General cleaning! Because most of my stuff from my ex-lab/office were brought back here in my room and the lib, I had to do major cleaning again. I have so many stuff that I don't know what to do with them anymore. I don't want to throw them away as I feel they're still of importance. I just need to devise a way how to keep and organize them with the limited space I have. 




So that's the before & after shots of my room. I'm still not completely done and that computer table looks clean and organized because I haven't returned all the stuff that goes in there yet. But I'm getting rid of the table soon. Will be using my old study table once it's already re-finished ☺

(+) Driving on SLEX and EDSA for the first time ☺



But of course, not without Nonoy. Sa ngayon, kailangan ko pa rin ang supervision (at naka-abang sa hand break) ng marunong na driver. Drove all the way to Alabang and back and for the first time, I hit 60 on the speedometer. Pagsasabihan ako ni daddy niyan but what can I do when the speed minimum limit is 60 kmph? 

Hmm.. more good than bad actually. Guess my bad luck is only in the mind. I should really keep a gratitude journal and update more regularly to remind me that I'm very blessed. 

[Post title from a Jason Mraz song]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails