Thursday, August 21, 2014

2014 Book Challenge: Fifty Shades Freed

Wow at last I finished the book (and at last I have gotten myself to write this review of sorts) after so many attempts. The first book, Fifty Shades of Grey, I did enjoy mainly because of the "chase" and of course, the kilig. However, during the second book I think I already got tired of their game and tired of Anastasia's inconsistencies and her inner goddess. I was thisclose to putting the book on DNF status when A said that there was a chapter told from Christian Grey's point-of-view.

If I remember correctly, the book begins with Christian and Anastasia on their honeymoon and helluva plenty of sexy times. I don't know why but it's always the girl characters who annoy me. In Twilight, I hated Bella with a passion which was growing with every book which made me stop at book 3, New Moon. And now, Anastasia. She says she doesn't want Christian "lifestyle" but then again she wants to make him happy so sometimes, she does give him what he wants. Eh diba nga sabi dapat consistent ka, ate? Ika nga ni Yoda, "Do or do not. There is no try." So ya, that's what's been eating me about this book since Book 1.

Fifty Shades trilogy was born out of a reader's frustration with the lack of sexy times in the Twilight series. So she made a story very similar to it but with sexy time in every chapter, but if she's really horny, two. Haha. Fifty Shades and Twilight are very, very similar- the story line, the characters, the premise. And at that last chapter which was told from Christian's POV, eerily similar to when Edward was contemplating on why she liked Bella so much- why the interest on this plain-looking girl? Yung kay Edward gets ko pa kasi delicious ang amoy ng blood ni Bella. Pero si Christian? Kadiri naman kung naaamoy niya rin yung dugo ni Anastasia. Gaaahd, gross! Ang gross ko. Haha! But then again, they explained that Ana does look like all of Christian's ex-subs which explain the initial attraction.

Another show I feel is somewhat similar to Fifty Shades is Dexter. Both Christian and Dexter were adopted. They both came from abusive backgrounds and both watched as their mothers died (hmm.. now I'm not so sure if Christian also saw his mother die). Both had "secrets." And both had brother/foster brother who wanted to get back at them for getting adopted into the better life.

Fifty Shades of Grey is actually a mash-up of Twilight and Dexter.

And oh, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Jack was able to breach all Grey securities.

And to end this post, here's the official trailer~

Sad to say, he is not my Christian Grey. However, I a giving him a chance. Naks, as if my opinion matters, no? But seriously, when Twilight's trailer was first shown, didn't we all have the same disapproval of Robert Pattinson? So I will be reserving my impression about this guy being Christian Grey after watching the movie. But still I feel Charlie Hunnam would have made a better Mr. Grey. But alas, that wasn't for me to decide. 

Ayan, may closure na ako. Pero gusto mo pa rin hampasin ang inner goddess ni Anastasia ng chaise lounge na hinihigaan niya.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails