Monday, June 23, 2014

All Good Things Must Come To An End: My Love From Another Star

Started watching this series around January this year. DSL connection at that time was still crappy and slooooow, so I put off watching until now. Because I am sick and am excused from doing anything productive, I spent the entire afternoon catching up with this Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun starrer.

Jun Ji-hyun is one of the first Korean actresses I ever knew of, thanks to My Sassy Girl, and in her absence in the Korean drama/movie scene for the longest time, I was very excited when I found out about this drama. I know Kim Soo-hyun is one of the most in-demand young actors these days, but I am watching this solely because of JJH. And she didn't disappoint. During the first few episodes, I was laughing the entire time. I guess I only stopped watching because of my crappy connection and my interest sort of wanes when things are starting to get melodramatic.

I liked the ending though. It's not a happy ending typical of Korean dramas these days. I have to admit, medyo nakakamiss ang mga bidang may terminal illness at namamatay sa huli. However, My Love From Another Star's ending actually reminded me of one of my favorite books, The Time Traveler's Wife. So the ending's a little bit happy because they still get to spend time with each other together but at the same time, sad, because they don't know when and if they're going to see each other again.

GMA7 is actually showing this series on afternoon TV and inasmuch as I want to watch sana, I am restraining myself to do so because I don't want to see another Korean drama botched by GMA's awful dubbing. What I am excited to watch is ABS-CBN's adaptation of 49 Days. Their version will be using the title Pure Love with Alex Gonzaga playing the lead character. Kaya pala siya pinasok sa PBB House. Sneaky sneaky! While I still have to finish watching The Heirs, I started two more Korean dramas: You're All Surrounded (with my favorite Cha Seung-won of The Greatest Love) and King of High School Life Conduct (whatever that means). Aja! Haha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails