Monday, June 23, 2014

2014 Book Challenge: Finding June

Chose this book just because it is the month of June and it has June in its title. Which is somewhat befitting since it's almost the only book I was able to read this month. I started June 10 and finished only today.

Honestly, I don't know why it has high ratings on Goodreads- almost four stars. For me it lacks chemistry between the two main characters, June and Joseph. And not because it is a "clean teen" book, meaning the absence of pre-marital sexy times. I like kilig and I didn't find/feel it here.

Everything in this book was predictable. We kinda knew right from the beginning that these two are going to end up together at the end of the book. We also knew that Lukas would be exactly what we originally thought he would be. I guess it took me 20+ days to finish because I found it boring as hell. Partida pa na wala naman akong masyadong ginagawa ngayon. I would always attempt to read before going to sleep but I always end up asleep without even finishing one (ONE!) page. It was that blah.

One of the reviews that gave Finding June just one star said that June is self-absorbed and I totally agree. Majority of the book she talks about her make-up, her clothes and the feathers in her skirt. Everything here is about her. Well, is is about finding June after all. Whatever that means.

Because I spent two weeks on this book, I am now two books behind my goal. I give thee: two stars.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails