Monday, July 7, 2014

Release the Good (Food!)

I'm super kaduper backlogged with my blog posts because, honestly, I'm not as excited to blog anymore. I'm not even that busy. Maybe I have Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Saga to blame. Or baka depressed ako? Haha. Whatever. Here are some of the happenings in my life the past three to four weeks, most of which involved food. Hashtag thisiswhyimfat.

We have noticed that daddy still has not fully recovered. He still doesn't talk much and lately he's a little grumpy, most especially with mommy. As much as possible, I try to talk to Daddy, tell him stories kahit paulit-ulit ako. We also try to take him and mommy out, pasyal and eat out. It's hard to convince daddy to eat out, dine in restaurants cos he's very picky with his food and he thinks eating out is expensive (which is actually true). So anyway, the day before he goes back to the province, AD invited us all to take a look at their new house in Marikina which is still under construction.

kutingting in the construction area
I can't wait to see their built house complete with interiors. The house is small but the lot is big which they're going to turn into a garden. Good for me ☺ another location where I can do product shoots. Hahaha.

hindi rin addict sila kuya sa Cobra, no?
my fat calves and I posing by the ditch
After site visit, we proceeded to Rustic Mornings for breakfast. The restaurant has been the venue for C's baptism and first birthday. The place is nice and very Pinterst-y. The food is okay- big serving pero nakakaumay.

challenging kunin ang shot na ito ha
taking a bite out of someone's waffle
I didn't finish my food. Nabusog na ako from getting from everyone else's plate and maybe 1/4 of daddy's tocino meal.

On to my next food adventure. Last June 12, Independence Day, had an impromptu get-together lunch with my IC friends. Joji wanted to meet in Makati or BGC sana, but we, the North peeps, wanted Shangri-la or Mega. Majority wins. [Okay, masingit lang- I drove from the house all the way to Shangri-la mall. Props to me!] I was late, as usual. Since it was Independence Day, we had lunch at Corazon. Scrumptious food, I tell you. Out of all the pricey restaurants I have tried in the new Shang wing-  Kettle, Green Pastures and Corazon- I say, you get the bang for your buck most at Corazon.

lechon kawali-topped laing
Dessert was at TWG. Anne wanted to take pictures of the interiors so instead of our default coffee place, TWG it was. Well, I am not a tea drinker and do not know anything about teas so choosing an order out of a bazillion choices was challenging. Sabi nga ni Pam, parang listahan ng DMC threads ang menu. To be safe, Pam and I chose Moroccan Mint and chocolate or something like that. They ordered scones and chocolate cake to go with our tea.


I don't think I'll be paying a visit there again. Sorry talaga but I am not a tea drinker. If I'd spend that much, I'd rather spend it on mocha frap. Haha sorry hindi ako refined.

Two weeks ago, I went with AD to Fairview Terraces in, obviously, Fairview. In fair, may basis ang pagtawag sa Fairview ng farview. I don't think I'd go there on my own just to see the new mall. So anyway, we were just gonna hitch a ride with her officemate so we were waiting outside Starbucks in Trinoma which wasn't even open yet.


We were in Fairview at 8 in the morning. I had time to kill. Two hours, to be exact. Starbucks wasn't open yet so spent my time in McDonald's making my Sausage McMuffin meal last for two hours while Instagramming. Now I know why Starbucks coffee is expensive. I can wait comfortably for two hours while waiting for the mall to open.

I have a new favorite store- Chefs & Bakers.


I don't bake but I am a sucker for pretty packaging supplies and anything pastel-y. I bought a small pack of sky blue sprinkles just because I like the color. Haha. Buti na lang malayo ka kung hindi, patay ako. Also bought another pack of straws just because they're cute and I can use them for my product shoots.

ang cute, dava?
ahlavet ♥
So yan ang silbi ng straws sa buhay ko. After AD's meeting, we had lunch at Manam.



In fair, malinamnam nga siya. Loved everything we ordered, especially the Ensaladang Pako. Very sinful but oh so worth the calories. Tsaka na lang mangungumpisal.

After grocery and a little bit of gallivanting around the mall, had dessert at Caramia. Not my first time to try their gelato but it was my first time in that branch.


Everything looks Pinterest-y these days. The store is cute but the color combination reminds me of Dunkin Donuts. Same shade kasi of the pink and orange. I ordered Mint Chocolate, as always.

So that's my trip to the galaxy far, far away. Harhar.

Another lakwatsa, just this weekend was with my sisters and brother-in-law. AC treated us to a PETA play. Rak of Aegis. Not a fan of Aegis but their songs are quite catchy at may recall. Aegis' songs are your typical birit songs used in singing contests.

dahil pasaway ako, I took a shot of the set during intermission
It was a nice play. Very entertaining. Medyo nakaumay nga lang kasi paulit-ulit ang songs but nevertheless, it was a good watch. I didn't even notice it was three-hours long! Mas may story pa ito kaysa sa Mamma Mia and Across the Universe. The story didn't feel contrived- parang Love in the Time of Baha. Haha. Bentang-benta si Tolits. Basta benta sakin. I highly recommend (if there's anyone even reading this post) this play. At in fair, socially relevant pa.

After the play, had dinner at Crazy Katsu. It was okay but I think after Yabu, so-so na lang ang ibang katsu. However, given the price, it was okay.

gyoza-rap!
Whattacaption- ang corny. Haha. Loved the gyoza though.


Maybe it's unfair to compare Crazy Katsu with Yabu because of the huge disparity between their price points. I think I liked the tonkatsu but I think I will like the set meal better with the sesame dressing. I'm biased, I guess, because I actually do not like mayonnaise and they used Japanese mayo to go with the cabbage side dish.

Gaaaaaaahd! Didn't I tell you that this post is mostly about food? Now I know why I'm fat. FML. Well not really FML because I so love to eat. Well, this post is a consolidation of the past three to four weeks of my life, not just a week so hindi naman ako talaga ganun katakaw.

So ya, I'm just distracting myself from my real concerns. I feel like George Bush when he was told that they were being attacked by terrorists- dumbfounded. It's been a week since place of business was evicted and I haven't done anything yet to address this. Frakkit. We're going to temporarily operate from our house extension but the electrical chuva there is a little problematic. Napapakanta na naman ako ng Ulan- heto akoooooooo basang-basa sa ulan/ walang masisilungan, walang malalapitan...

Wala na akong kwenta kausap. O wala nang kwenta mga pinagsusulat. Buti na lang malapit na ng Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails