Tuesday, June 10, 2014

2014 Book Challenge: Rock Chick Renegade

{via Goodreads}
Most reviews on Goodreads say that Rock Chick Renegade is their favorite out of the series (I assume out of the first four books), but personally it is my least liked out of the first four and I think that is because I am getting tired of the same old story, going on and on ever since Book 1 and there are, like, five more books in this series.

Seriously, I skipped a lot of paragraphs and pages! And seriously, these guys should be charged for illegal detention and/or sexual assault. It would always start off with the guy and the girl hot for each other but girl decides to make pakipot but guy wouldn't have any of it so he takes things into his own hands, breaks into girl's home, forces himself into her, girl refuses (at first) and pushes him away, guy doesn't listen and kisses her (and much more) anyway, girl finally gets into it and stops resisting. After doing the deed, girl wants to break off whatever kind of relationship it is she has with the guy for many reasons that are too many but not because he forced himself on her. And girl would always say she'd move somewhere else to get away from guy but girl never really packs her stuff. Yeah, right. From Indy to Jet to Roxie and now, Jules, it's the same banana (not literally. ha!). Plus, Vance and Jules are lacking chemistry. I didn't get kilig over them.

I think the only "pro" from reading this fourth Rock Chick book is I actually stopped thinking of Dog and Beth while reading it and consequently (and gratefully), stopped "seeing" Dog and Beth "getting it on" on the sexy scenes. I have Goodreads reviewers to thank for that and also the fact that Vance is of American Indian descent and in no way would look like Dog.

And why do these girls call themselves the Rock Chicks? I'd totally get it if they're girlfriends of members of a rock band but they're girlfriends of bounty hunters and policemen. They should call themselves Bounty Chicks. Haha. Parang manok lang- Bounty Fresh. Well, yeah, they think they rock and I have this prejudice against groups (individuals, even) who would refer to themselves as cool or hot. How presumptuous.

I would have liked this book better had Jules died. Or even it was Roam who died so Sniff was actually having preconceived notions about being someone's pallbearer. Nang maiba naman.

I need to read Attachments again. I need kilig in my life right now. Hahaha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails