Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Surprise!

Planned a surprise birthday for my sister's 40th birthday. I admit it wasn't my pakana because although I may be sweet thoughtful enough to think about it, my financial means are sort of hindering me to do so. The suggestion came from AB and AD (who were both in NY at the time). To cut the story short, napag-utusan lang po ako. Well, I still had to give a little monetary contribution but in the scheme of patak-patak, 'ambon' lang ang sa akin. But of course I also contributed my kick-ass "organizing and coordinating" powers. But really, I reckon surprise parties are easier to organize nowadays because of technology. Thank God for text messaging and (and Mark Zuckeberg) for Facebook. Well, that and the fact that she was away from home for an entire week.


Upon finalizing our restaurant reservation, it was on to information dissemination and the decors! Another reason to thank God for the technology that is the Internet- free tutorials on how to make paper pompom decors. AHLAVET! If there were no time and supply constraints, I could've spent the entire night making pompoms and cutting letters. I even attempted to make paper medallions but, alas, I only bought three sheets of cartolina paper and I think I needed at least two cartolina papers to make one medallion. Boo! But seriously, this is so addicting! I swear I need to find a rich husband so I could just stay in the attic-turned-craft-room making paper pompoms the entire day.

So, these cute (according to me) decors were almost unnoticeable when we set them up in the venue:

i knew it. i should've made more paper pompoms :-/
So anyway this was how the day transpired:

We asked one of her friends, E, if she could invite AC for coffee after lunch. We needed her to leave the house so we then could leave the house without her suspecting anything. Suffice to say, we were late to the agreed time on the invitation which was 2:30pm. We had to set everything up in a rush. Nakaraos rin naman. Haha.


"Kay tagal kang hinintay," sabi ng mga pagkain.
After a little less than hour, we gave E the go signal to bring the birthday celebrant in. And the rest, as they say, is history. Bahahaha! I believe na-surprise naman talaga si ate. After the has gotten over the shock- time to eat!

as long as there's food on my plate...
Everything was scrumptious but my favorites were the Spinach & Cheese Wonton with Onion Mayo Dip, Tapa Pasta and the Vigan Longganisa Pasta. V bought a Becky's Kitchen Swiss Chocolate Cake for AC but unfortunately, I wasn't able to eat some.


The theme for my sister's 40th party is... Hello Kitty. Hahaha! I'm glad AB and AD thought of giving AC a surprise party because I know she felt special and very loved. I should know because my sisters threw me one when I turned 18 and even if most of my guests back then were just college acquaintances and not the real friends I have until now (it was first year, first term). Parang Hallmark lang yan... you know they care enough to send the very best. Hehe.

So there, I now know I can organize surprise parties and if there's one lesson learned out of this experience, it's that PEOPLE NEVER RSVP.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails