Thursday, March 13, 2014

2014 Book Challenge: If We Kiss

I'm on a roll! I just finished another book today, also a book from the list, If We Kiss by Rachel Vail. It's really good to have a list to follow so I get to read books that I may have not chosen as it's not as popular as the other ones. I had If We Kiss in my library for quite some time now but I chose to read the books that were most recommended by my Goodreads friends.

It was a cute story and I liked it very much. Obviously. I was able to finish the book in a day and a half. But of course, that was all I did- read the book (kaya mejo nag-guilt trip na naman ako).

Charlotte, Charles to her friends, a self-confessed prude, has never been kissed. That is until one morning when, without any warning, Kevin Lazarus kissed her. So she has a huge crush on Kevin and now that he was her first kiss, she sort of plans to tell her best friend, Tess. But before she gets the chance, Tess sees Kevin kissing Tess. So even if, technically, she liked him first, she kept mum to Tess about kissing Kevin.

It was a very easy read for me. I loved reading Charles's thoughts, it's so relatable. I mean, we were all teenagers once and we all have experienced the feeling of having butterflies in our stomachs. Also that love-hate relationship with the object of our obsession, yung tipong "andito siya!!!! weee!!" one moment, then "ang kapal ng mukha niya, nauna ako sa kanya dito" the next. Isa lang msasabi ko sa mga ganyang statements- Guilty. Haha.

Charles and Kevin definitely have chemistry but Kevin is sort of in a relationship with her best friend. It's complicated, in other words. In my opinion, Kevin also likes Charles but he really does, why the hell did he kiss, of all people, her best friend? He reminds me of Alex of The Trouble With Flirting. Alex likes both girls and he can't decide which of the two he likes better and wants to keep both. Maybe Kevin is like him. But before all the bukingan happened, I was rooting for him. Just like Charles, I took George for granted.

The book has a follow-up novel, Kiss Me Again, which will be much more complicated. Kids nowadays, tsk tsk. So tempted to read this right after but Divergent will be showing already theaters next week so yun muna.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails