Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2013 Book Challenge 38/35: Waiting for You

Alternate title: So So So Scandalous. Oh yes, the prude in me is alert alive awake and enthusiastic. A lot of 'sexy times', if you know what I mean, but very serious ha, unlike The Duff which is also heavily-sexed up but fun. Well, this is medyo serious stuff which I think they're too young for.

I may have said this before but I just do not get it when three year olds fall in love, like, for realzzz. I can't even remember what happened when I was three, what more romantic feelings towards someone.
I loved you then, you know that, right? We were only three but I loved you then.

My three year old nephew barely even knows how to construct one coherent sentence and I swear maloloka ako pag sinabi niyang in love na siya. And what's more nakakaloka is that these supposed young love has affected these two, Dylan and Bailey, until their adolescent years. Bakit?? How much impression would a fellow three year old have on your life? So really there have been lots of books where this happens and seriously, I just don't get it.

So I get it, Bailey hates her life. She feels like a puppet and her parents are the one pulling the strings. She can't even choose what underwear to wear so I guess it's really easy to feel suffocated in such a set up. But she's already 17, 18 and off to college, meaning living in a dorm, away from her parents and free to do whatever she pleases and if that includes Dylan, so be it. Another thing I do not get is letting go of the opportunity to pursue higher learning in photography which is what she really wants to do. She has endured seventeen years of manipulation, what's three more months? I guess nauna ang tawag ng laman. Haha.

With Dylan, gets ko pa ang angst niya. His mother was killed by the next-door neighbor, his father isn't much of a father to him and his brother ran away. But you see, I just don't get it why these people choose to self-destruct. Well, maybe not in Dylan's case because he turned out okay. Marami lang siyang issues but he really just a free-spirited artist who just goes whereever the wind takes him. There was an opportunity for him to pursue college but he didn't take it as well but then again it wasn't him who applied for that scholarship.

Another thing, why is one's virginity an issue? So I'm still shocked how these teenagers are very makamundo whilst still very, very young, but why is there a stigma to those who haven't done it yet. Actually, it's weird because if you've done it, you're a slut and people who haven't yet, are so atat to get rid of it. So one of the items in Bailey's summer bucket list is to lose it to Dylan. What's funny is that she (and Dylan) still consider herself innocent when they have practically done everything except "it." Innocent and pure mo mukha mo.

It still is a cute love story just with very angsty and horny teens. Keeps you wanting to know what happens next and why Dylan is holding up on Bailey, nyahaha. Currently reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and I swear it is going to have a five-star rating from me. Ending this now so I can get back to the awesome book.

Some people who believe eighteen is young are the same people 
who think true love doesn't happen that young. They don't believe
there's a love strong enough to last through tragedy.
[I am that person. Ha.]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails