Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2013 Book Challenge 39/35: Attachments

So cute. Reminds me so much of This Is A Love Story which happens to be also one of my favorite books, but still it's entirely different. It's also frustrating but not as frustrating as TIALS so no it didn't make me want to throw the book (and I wouldn't since I am reading it on my Kindle). It's very entertaining and fun and of course, nakakakilig. So I really really loved the story and relatable- they're the same age-ish as me! A deviation from my usual YA reads and guess what, they're not as horny as those teens.

Makes you wonder if guys like Lincoln exist in real life. I super want my own good guy like Lincoln or that lead male character in About Time. I seriously don't know why girls are attracted to the bad boy types. I never liked bad boys. Actually, I think my types eventually turned out to be gays. Most of them. So is it time to throw in the towel and accept the probability of spinsterhood because even the boring, good guys do not like me. Haha. Going back... I'm crushing on Lincoln even if in my imagination he looks like Wreck-it Ralph. He's just so nice. I was rooting for him the entire time and I really wanted Beth to leave his boyfriend, Chris, judging from all the stories about him. However, there was this brief moment where Chris became this sweet and nice boyfriend to Beth and I wouldn't really want them to break up (just so she could be with Lincoln) plus, he reads her movie reviews everyday. But then that was just momentary.

Beth and Jennifer are funny. If I were in Lincoln's place, I would also read their emails. They are hilarious. It'll be just like reading a funny person's blog only it's not. Gosh, I found myself laughing every now and then over their email thread exchanges and I do not care whether or not the lady sitting next to me finds me weird cos I'm laughing all by myself.

Here's my favorite part- Lincoln likes Beth and Beth likes Lincoln back. Well, maybe Beth doesn't like-like Lincoln that much at first, she just thinks he's cute. I just want them to be together because they'd be so perfect for each other because really, they liked each other without knowing that they liked each other. Actually, alam pala ni Lincoln. But still he didn't make a move on her because there is a boyfriend in the scene. Well, even if there was no boyfriend, he is too shy to take the first step. Gaahd, all those kilig moments~
Just. Like. This.
There was a time when I thought that this book wasn't going to end well for Lincoln but it still did and at the time he expected it the least. Actually, if Beth hadn't done what she did, they'd probably wouldn't end up together. To which I say, for everything there is a season.


I give five stars ☺ Man, I really am a sucker for secret crushes. Maybe because that is the story of my life. Hoho.

P.S. I am SOOOO tempted to start Fangirl (also by Rainbow Rowell). I think I need an intervention.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails