Friday, June 29, 2012

awkward s02 e01: resolutions

And so it's finally here...

{image source}
The wait is finally over. Saw it already and I am super duper over the moon with this awesome awesome series. I love it to pieces and no, that doesn't exactly mean that I can relate because I don't have two cute and adorable guys fighting over me (although I wish there were). Ha!

In last season's finale, we finally found out who wrote Jenna that care-frontation letter. It was a shock to most viewers (most especially my sister) because it was a pretty mean letter as it is, then to find out that words such as "as of now, you could disappear and no one would notice," came from your mom? Harsh. I couldn't think of a valid reason why any mother would write her daughter something like that. We (yes, me and my co-Awkward obsessors analyze these things) were wondering if Jenna's mom blames her for the youth she missed out on because she got pregnant with her. I watched Season 1 again just a few weeks back and there was this scene after prom preparations and Lacey tears up and hugs Jenna and says "I'm sorry." Maybe she was saying sorry to Jenna for sending her that letter.

Anyhoo, season 2 starts with Christmas Day and Jenna receives a diamond necklace from her mom and...


a box of condoms from her dad. Hence the show's name- Awkward.

Jenna likes Jake but she likes Matty MORE, which is unfair to Jake. She wanted to teach Matty a lesson but at Jake's expense. Only Jenna is in a win-win situation- ang haba ng hair ng lola mo!


I feel sorry for Jake because he's totally clueless (but not for long) of Jenna and Matty's past. I don't feel too sorry for Matty because even in his distraught state, he still looks fine ;) **ahjumma moment lang** Matty reminds me of Dan Humprhrey pre-Serena van der Woodsen. Matty wants a second chance and although Jenna wants to give him that, she can't just leave Jake alone. She has come clean to Jake that she's given up her v-card to someone and Jake's totally jealous of that guy- just wait 'til he finds out it's to McKibben.

Aside from boy problems, Jenna's also dealing with her mom issues. This episode ended with Jenna handing her mom this~


It breaks my heart. Okay, she deserved this. But still Jenna's parents are getting separated over this!

I can't wait for the next episode!! Gah, I'm so excited ☺ Wishing it's Friday again already. And oh, I forgot to mention that Ricky Schwartz's much easier on the eyes this season


cos in season 1, he really looked like a sleazeball. Hooray for Ricky Schwartz's makeover!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails