Friday, May 31, 2013

2013 BOOK CHALLENGE 20-21/35: THE BOYS NEXT DOOR and ENDLESS SUMMER

In fernez I sort of had caught up with my personal book challenge of 35 books for the year. Medyo nag-lag ako the months of April and May due to familial duties, y'know. After AB headed back to the States and after I have finished my deliverable, I was back with a vengeance. Not really. Haha. The book I was reading was sort of a 2-for-1 kind and I didn't even notice I was already reading two books! I just realized it when there was a foreword by the author, stating the reason why she wrote a sequel to the first book.



 The book series was by Jennifer Echols. I did enjoy the first book I read from her, Love Story, so when I finally decided that my next read would be a book with summer in the title and I got Endless Summer, I didn't hesitate.

So what do I think of the series by Miss Echols? It really did feel endless. The story was just going around in circles. The same things, the same scenarios over and over and over and over again. In other words, naging redundant na siya. I felt that she could have ended the story right in the middle of the first book. I did not not like it entirely. I think it's just okay. 'Yun lang it was medyo boring.

I need a good read soon. The last book I truly enjoyed was That Boy (Jillian Dodd) and that was six books ago. I picked I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella for my 22nd book and hopefully, winner siya.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails