Friday, September 23, 2011

book 2011-11: belong to me

image source
Bought the book because it was from an author with some Filipino blood in her veins and I did hear good things about the book (or was it Love Walked In, her other novel?) and it was on sale.

I struggled through the first 10 chapters or so. The style the author used- each chapter being told through a particular character's point of view- wasn't new to me, but still I found it confusing. It wasn't clear to me who was talking in that particular chapter that I had to check whose name it is at the start of chapter. And it got pretty boring too.

Buti na lang I'm the type of reader who endures the entire book- through thick and thin- because I wouldn't have reached the better, more enjoyable chapters. This book is just a reminder how things aren't what they seem to be so don't take things at face value.

So eventually everyone kind of gets their happily-ever-afters in the end :)

An okay read but I am not so sure if I would pick up another book by the author again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails