Wednesday, August 15, 2012

basil yo!

After being holed up inside the house for three days straight, went out with AD to run lots of errands- BIR, Meralco, supplies shopping. What better way to reward myself (and my driver, AD, hehe) than with good food. She wanted to try this new Thai food restaurant near White Plains and although I had an inkling na mejo parang expensive siya, she had me at "Thai food."


Very nice exteriors, no? This should be my peg for my Asiatica-inspired nail spa.

We sat near the man-made falls/fountain and koi pond to maximize the ambiance, haha.


The sound of cascading water was relaxing but I was seated right opposite the sunroof chuva kaya medyo masilaw, eh I'm slightly sensitive to light. Ergo, masakit na ulo ko pag-uwi.


Really nice interiors, too! I really want my spa too look like this. I wonder how many tealight candles they use up daily...

Anyway, we were really hungry and fortunately, it didn't take long for them to serve our food.


Oh hello there, tom yum! I missed you ♥ But you see I have a problem- I can't tolerate spicy foods anymore and I love spicy foods! If before I can devour extra spicy tom yum, spicy dilis and vinegar, now there's this specific area under my tongue that hurts when it comes in contact with anything spicy. Depressing, diba? Pero keber, inuman na lang ng iced tea pagtapos. For ulam, we ordered Creamy Pork Curry. Super spicy at mild na pala yun sa lagay na yun. I love kaffir lime but I ♥ coriander more. Instead of Coke, I opted for Thai Iced Tea which was only P85. Anong sinabi ng Thai Iced Tea ng J.Co? Waley.

Super yummy in my tummy. May casualty lang- yung dila ko. Pero keri lang. It was well worth it.

AD said I should check out their comfort room and the Lemongrass liquid hand soap~

lightbulb moment. wahehe ☺ 

Dining at Basil was a pleasure both for me and my tummy. Hopefully I can come back soon to try their other dishes and hopefully my taste buds will be ready for some spicy action that time.

Exit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails