Friday, March 30, 2012

project 102: mirror mirror

Delivery day! However today I had to start early because I had to hitch a ride with my sister. I really thought I could hitch a ride when they fetch daddy from the airport but his flight was 4pm pa in the afternoon. Eh I was supposed to deliver by 10 AM, so ayun maaga na lang ako sa Makati. Passed the time at Starbucks, continued reading this book but with only 4 hours of sleep, I catch myself sleeping. Seriously, I wanted to sleep right there pero nashokot lang ako kasi baka humilik ako. Nakakaloka diba?

After delivery, walked all the way to Greenbelt from The Enterprise. Killed some more time at Powerbooks and just when I have money to spare on this book I've been wanting to read (Jessica Thompson's This is Not A Love Story), it was out of stock naman. Bummer. I guess we were never meant to be. Maglabas na kasi ng ebook eh.

Free movie c/o AD! The only movies that I could use my compli pass is either Mirror Mirror or Hunger Games. Obviously, I went with the former having watched the latter already. I remember A said that she didn't like it as much ata so my expectations weren't really that high.

{image credits}
I loved it! It was light and for a change, a deviation from other Snow White- inspired movies. Julia Roberts who played The Queen did a superb job. And as the narration went, this story was really about her. I honestly think that The Queen stole the show from Snow White on this one. Her character's mean but very funny. Of course, only we the audience thinks she's funny but her fickle-mindedness isn't too entertaining for her minions.

Lily Collins... sino magaakala na tatay niya si Phil Collins. Haha. I like her. I like her portrayal of Snow White. Although I'm really annoyed by these hand gestures princesses doing with their hands. Enchanted's Giselle also did such and I was mega annoyed by it. In fernez, medyo subdued na yung kay Snow. She's really pretty and she actually reminds me of Audrey Hepburn

{image credits}
Lily Collins as Snow White
{source}
Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday
Maybe it's the eyebrows, no?

And Prince Alcott *sigh* I swear, sexy accents will be the death of me ;) I remember watching this snippet of him on The Insider last night and I didn't know who he was. Pero ngayon knows ko na siya ;) He's not that cute, really, but it was the accent and the deep voice that sealed the deal for me.

{image credits}
Prince Alcott was really adorable in the movie.

I really liked it even if the critics didn't or even if it didn't rake in lots of moolah. Naloka lang ako ng slight sa Bollywood-inspired dance number nila at the end.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails