Tuesday, September 6, 2011

pleasant birthday ♥

That was pleasant... my birthday, I mean. Cheers to non-expectations! Good things happen to those who don't expect. We've kind of established that way, way back that a) bawal ang assuming, at b) expectation leads to disappointment. It is effective though. Bottomline: I had a happy, pleasant birthday.

no room for disappointments
So even if I woke to a mild headache and a woozy feeling, this has got to be one of the best birthdays- zero drama. How ironic because this is the birthday I have least funds haha! So there another evidence that money can't buy happiness. Most of the time it does but not always. Haha. And who could complain about that woozy feeling when two of the kyoooooootest kids came knocking on your door, bearing gifts?

After a typing in a few thank you's to birthday greetings on Facebook, went on my way to Makati to meet with AD. She wants me to treat her lunch but I told her about this "universal law" that it is the birthday celebrant who should be treated to lunch (or dinner, whatever). She bought it ;) Lunch at New York Pizza Place. Busog. And happy. Then went to supplier to pick up some stuff then back to Glo4.

Originally, I had planned to watch Zombadings while waiting for AD to get off work, but there's not enough time. Either I will miss the start or miss the ending. And because I still was nursing a headache and a woozy feeling, popped two antacid and Ponstan to help me feel better. After a short trip to NBS to get tape measure for AD, went to the nearest Starbucks and continued with my reading. It's been a while since I had my last mocha frap and although I still enjoy the taste, I think I don't like it that much anymore to crave it every so often. Coke na lang talaga.

Dinner with the family with my favorite foods~ steamed crab, chili crabs, hipon, hot shrimp salad, spaghetti, Becky's Swiss Chocolate Cake and anemic DINUGUAN!!! How can you not feel the love? All these for moi ♥ Best birthday in years! I actually thought this birthday would be sad, medyo emo but it was the opposite. Though every time I hear this song, I can't help but feel nostalgic and old~ parang kailan lang I was 19 and still itching to get my hand on the latest Meg magazine issue or quasi-stalking the object of my obsession. Well, nothing much has changed, now at 29, still itching to get my hands on the latest Yes! Magazine [for business purposes though] and quasi-stalking the object of my curiousity. Sometimes I wish I could do things over but I am happy with my life and I do believe that I am where I am meant to be. Cheesy! But I'd rather it be cheesy than bitter or maasim. I'd pick cheesy always always!


But first, let me enjoy my last year in my 20s  It's going to be one, epic year! I'll make sure it happens. I will make it happen. 30 before 30 list na!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails