Sunday, September 11, 2011

project 100: one day


A movie you shouldn't watch if you're contemplating on jumping off the 15th floor of your building.

Lakwatsa day with A because it was my birthday last Tuesday. I originally wanted to watch Zombadings; A said that her sister suggested that we watch One Day. Her sister said it was good and that we would relate to the movie. Being a non-fan of Anne Hathaway, I never planned on watching this on my own. But since it was recommended by someone and A  really wanted to watch, so we did. 
♥ Twenty years. Two people. Twenty years was how much time two people wasted. Ever since that night of their college graduation, Emma and Dexter have been very good friends. Obviously, Emma has been crushing on Dex and even if she really wanted him, being friends with him is the next best thing. [Vanessa Williams' Save the Best for Last playing in the background... in my mind. lol] Dexter goes out into the world, finds fame and immerses himself in worldly pleasures; Emma still living the life of a "starving artist," waitressing for the meantime. Fast forward several years after, the tables have been turned. Dexter now a has-been; Emma a successful author. After 20 years, they finally meet eye-to-eye but it wasn't meant to last so it happened.

♥ Remember how I always cannot fathom the idea of liking someone for far too long? Seems that the idea doesn't exist only in Korean series. Apparently, it's a universal thing. How tragic to not get over someone for an immensely long period of time. How fortunate I am that out-of-sight-out-of-mind works for me. I don't know what took Dexter that long to see Emma. Did he think he was too good for her? Or that Emma deserves someone much, much better?

♥ I get annoyed every time Dexter gets into trouble or feels shitty about something and then she calls Emma to dump on his negative shizz. So I really liked this scene when Emma told Dexter that she loves him but she doesn't really like him as of the moment. Attagirl :)

♥ They finally got together after 20 years but this tragic thing happened. Maybe it was the universe's way of saying "nek nek niyo." Or was this the work of The Adjustment Bureau [that movie with Matt Damon & Emily Blunt]. Haha. Labo-labo na. So I was thinking maybe they really weren't meant to be together. Every time they seem to be going in that direction, fate/destiny says, "Oh no you don't!" and something breaks them apart.

♥ After the movie, I asked A which part of the movie did her sister exactly thought we could relate to. I mean I don't have a guy bestfriend I've been harboring romantic feelings for and I am not waiting on some guy to fall in love with me. I've had crushes but I think I haven't fallen in love yet which I believe is to my advantage. A's sister said she didn't say that we would relate to Emma, she said that she hopes that A and I find someone to fall in love with. I am not sure if I like that. Parang I'm happy with the status quo, ayoko na nang magulo, diba?
I love it! ☺☺☺☺☺ Well yeah it was depressing but it was a nice movie. Hooray for not having guy best friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails