Thursday, July 21, 2011

project 100: transformers: dark of the moon

After my failed attempt to open an account with a certain bank (I forgot to bring the complete requirements), I decided to treat myself and go to the nearest mall and watch Transformers: Dark of the Moon. I was actually planning to delay it further but since time is of the essence here- they might stop showing it in the cinemas- so it's a go. Well, yes I can still watch it on DVD or HBO but I want to watch it in the cinema- big screen, Dolby Digital sound system. I think I should have not waited too long to watch it cos the malls/ establishments reserve their better-smelling cinemas for the newer movies. But I guess it was better seeing it in a ratty, musty cinema than never at all.

I was first in the cinema and I was thinking "Am I the only person in the planet who hasn't watched this? Ang loser ko naman." I was actually scared because I was literally the only person inside the cinema. Then I grew more scared when two men entered the cinema and sat right behind me. Pero mukha naman pala silang mag-jowa so I didn't mind them much.

My thoughts:

♦ Oh my Shia! He's not the cutest but I swear I superduper like him! He's dorky and he wears those flannel shirts- exactly just my type. And what's even better- he's a geek but he knows how to kick ass, or maybe he just knows how to run really, reaaaally fast.


Eeep. What a cutie! But these freakin' geeks (ie. Sam Witwicky, Chuck Bartowski and John Cusack in most of his movies) always get the leggy, gorgeous girls which means even with geeks, I don't stand a chance. I can't remember much of Transformers 1 and 2 and Dark of the Moon shows an angry Sam. Only 3 months of unemployment, fresh out of college pa and in an ailing economy- he shouldn't be that frustrated. But I guess he's mayabang so his ego is hurting. But still, he's so adorkable.

♦ Rosie Whitington- Hutley. Or Rosie Huntington- Whiteley. Whatever her name is... is stunningly beautiful. But her pouty lips were distracting me.


Amazing how she can run like there's no tomorrow in those heels, in jeans that tight and still look perfectly put together nary a strand astray. Samantalang kami binaha lang ang bahay, hindi pa kami naghakot, eh mukhang basahan na. Pero in fairness, nadumihan naman ang white blazer niya.

But although she is gorgeous, I find Megan Fox's appeal different. Although we know that the movie can do without a girl (a hot one at that), but the boys need to have their eye candy.

♦ It's the end of the world and aliens are taking over the world but still all Sam can think about is his girlfriend. How cheesy, no? He even chose her over saving the world. Even if his hot girlfriend dies... after saving the world thrice, I'm sure he'll land another hottie in no time.

♦ Is it just me or this installment is medyo magulo? Maybe it's the chaos and destruction all around. There were also times when I can't tell an Autobot from a Decepticon. I had to keep reminding myself that the Autobots are the colorful, sleek cars/vehicles and the gray, drab-looking ones are the enemies. Maybe it's just me, actually. I wasn't able to fully concentrate on the movie because I was thinking of other matters like firing this certain employee.

♦ The moral of the story: Wag makisawsaw sa hindi mo away. The warring factions of Cybertron made Earth their battlefield and who suffered the most? Humans. Buti sana kung meron silang superpowers which could help the human race (actually, just the population of Washington DC) rebuild what was destroyed. Ang kaya lang naman nilang gawin eh mag-transform from an automobile to a robot and vice-versa. Wala rin naman silang maraming pera :(

Love it. Though the first Transformers movie still is the best among the three, in my opinion. I don't know how else they could make another sequel now that the Decepticon leader has been destroyed. And without Shia La Beouf? Let's see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails