Wednesday, November 28, 2012

RT 2012 book 24: the list

This is my 24th book for the year, sooooo
to me for FINALLY meeting my goal for the first time after a few years of trying to finish 2 books per month. I'm really upping the goal next year- 50 books. Bring it on!

So anyway, my 24th book is Siobhan Vivian's The List. Another book in the YA category.


Every year, a list containing the prettiest and the ugliest of every batch mysteriously appears in the halls of Mount Washington High. For a week before the much anticipated homecoming dance, the book follows each character that was in the list. According to the book,  EVERYONE IS INSECURE about something. Haha. Just when you thought that the pretty girls are so sure of themselves, this book shows you that actually, they're too caught up and worried about living up to the expectations of being pretty. It also shows that everyone cares about what other people think (even when they say they don't care what other people think)- most especially in high school.

It was interesting enough but it fell short of my expectations. I felt it ended abruptly, like it didn't really have a legit ending.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails