Saturday, July 16, 2011

project 100: the last song, adjustment bureau

The Last Song
{image here}
Caught the first 20 minutes of this on TV one time and thought it was interesting enough to make me download the movie.

My thoughts:
  • It was once fun watching Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana. I thought she got it figured out and wouldn't go down Britney's or Lindsay's path which was self-destruct? What happened? What's with the pout that actually reminds me of a rat snout. Seriously, what's with the pout (relative of the kissy duck face)? 
  • Based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, which is slightly obvious because it has all the elements of a Nicholas Sparks love story: the story set near a beach (yung beach na may tala-talahib), mega-lampungan courtesy of the bida actors and last but not the least, someone with a terminal disease (kung sino man siya basta meron).
  • It was okay. Nothing really special. 
 The Adjustment Bureau
{image here}
I don't what made me want to watch this movie so bad. I'm sure it wasn't Matt Damon, so maybe it was Emily Blunt. I liked her in The Devil Wears Prada and I think her English accent is lovely. And when I first saw its trailer, I thought the love angle was promising ;)

My thoughts:
  • So talaga bang wala tayong free will? Everything is predetemined and we only decisions we make are those trivial ones such as choosing between Coke and Pepsi? But I guess it would be moot because we live our lives anyway, no matter what. We wouldn't really know if my decision to write this entry was my own decision or was actually predetermined. Ginugulo lang ni Sarte at kung sinu-sino pang philosophers ang utak natin. According to Nietzsche, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  And crazy because Nietzsche went crazy. Bawal kasi masyado nag-iisip.
  • Higher risks, higher returns. After all the chases and shiznits, they were finally "allowed" to be together. So does that mean that if we really want something we should go to the ends of the earth pursuing it? Which brings us back to the topic of free will vs determinism- when Matt Damon's character pursued Emily Blunt albeit warnings that they shouldn't be together, how does he know for sure that that wasn't part of his determined path? 
  • It was okay. A little boring though.
Yay! Nakadalawa uli ako :D Though I really really want to see Transformers and hopefully I can still catch it on cinemas. For sure wala nang 3D but I guess 2D will suffice. Also wanna watch the final Harry Potter movie but would need to watch the one before this.

GTG. Will be flyering early tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails