Monday, April 21, 2008

The Yearbook

...yearbooks, actually. I was just going for a more dramatic effect.

Inspired by a Wonder Years episode with the same title, I decided to collate here my write-ups from my three yearbooks.

Before I proceed to the write-ups, I just would like to say that both my grade school and high school yearbooks are, well, crappy. Grade school yearbooks are supposed to be crappy but the high school annual should be good enough to make you want to look over it again and again and feel nostalgic. But sad to say, my high school annual, albeit 3 years in the making, was crappy as hell and didn't elicit feelings of nostalgia. I just can't bloody believe I waited 3 years for that crap! I browse through my sisters' yearbooks and wonder why mine wasn't nicely done. So suffice to say, my favorite was the college yearbook, aesthetically speaking, though I don't know 99% of the people there.

As to which write-up best fits me, you be the judge. So without further ado, here they are...

For grade school:
At home, her parents and sisters don't call her Valerie, but Joy. They think it suits her better than "Valerie." Joy means an exhilaration of spirits, a feeling of delight, happiness. That is what she is to them, to us, her classmates and to each and everyone whose lives she has touched. It is hard not to notice her smile that makes one remember the simpler pleasures in life: eating ice cream on a warm summer's day, singing favorite songs in the shower at the top of one's voice and giving a heartfelt hug at the end of the day.

For high school:
"Savage!" "Savage!" "Savage!" Everyone remembers me when they hear the word "savage" because I am an avid fan of this band, which could explain why I adore Australia.
Far from being savage, I am actually a friendly person that you cannot really know that at first sight. You need to get to know me better to understand what goes on in my mind. I have a great sense of adventure as my friends say.
A thousand words can describe me. A few of them are: I am truly, madly, deeply a person who could take you to the moon and back with my unearthly personality.

For college:
Charisma in a bottle. Hope in a smile. A wealth of words in one look. Amazingly has friends at every metaphorical port of call. Engaging. The next queen of talk. Can extract the deepest, darkest secrets within ten minutes. Charming. The proverbial flame that drew the moths. Either ageless beauty or forever childlike. The thin line between love and violence. Owner of the laugh that turned a million heads and shattered a thousand eardrums. Contracts selective amnesia on selected occasions.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails