Wednesday, December 1, 2010

pick flick: my amnesia girl

As some sort of thanks to Ate Jo, my sister's seamstress, who helped with my bazaar, I gave her blush espadrilles (which I also like for myself) and treated her to lunch and movie yesterday. Had lunch at 3pm already at Jollibee with Jollibee favorites, spaghetti and chickenjoy, then we're off to the cinemas to ogle at John Lloyd's cuteness.

  1. First of all, I commend this movie for not using a song title for it's, well, title. Might seem trivial to others but that is a big deal for me. So sick and tired of movies named after songs. Although a little bit Korean movie-ish ang title, keri na rin.
  2. And also, wigs! There was again use of a wig here but props to whoever was in charge of wardrobe (or is it styling?) because it wasn't obvious. The wig didn't look like an entire different entity from the wearer as the norm in Star Cinema movies. 
  3. I liked how the trailer didn't reveal the "twist," so to speak. Sabi nga nila, with Filipino movies you just have to watch the trailer and you'll know the story of the movie already, no need to watch it in the cinemas. I was delightfully surprised with this one.
  4. And of course it also helps that John Lloyd stars in this movie. Cuteness overload ♥ especially when he wiggles his butt. Haha! 
  5. If someone stood me up at the altar and I do something to retaliate, I definitely won't apologize. He deserved it for all the hurt caused, right? Kapal naman ng fez niya na siya pa may gana ma-hurt ano! Maybe that's the only bit in the movie I was not agreeable to.
  6. I like Toni's Tory Burch flats! Unfortunately, a pair costs around 12K ata. No na lang. Andami ko nang mabibili sa 12K. A whole wardrobe already plus I could throw in a pair of Anthology flats with that amount. 
Definitely a must-watch for all John Lloyd oglers and rom-com lovers like moi. But beware and get ready to be inundated with cheesy lines which, in fernezzz, benta naman.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails