Friday, October 22, 2010

pick flick: the orphan

Finally had the time to blog. Purposely drank coffee tonight so I could stay up late and do extracurricular stuff such as posting on this blog, tumblring and also staying up until I finish the movie, The Orphan, on HBO. Oh goody, an addition to my 100 Movies in 2010 Project. Just 44 movies to go and I will hit my target. Just you wait and see til I finish my work and I will movie marathon the living daylights out of me.

Back to The Orphan, which AD already told me what the movie was all about a year ago so I already knew what would happen but that didn't stop me from shrieking my lungs out on the suspense-laden parts.

Just looking at her face gives me the creeps. And what's most creepy of all is Esther reminds me of someone- my aunt's adopted daughter. I really believe this hilaw na cousin of mine is indeed 30 years old and not seven. I will not be surprised if one day I see her in a black tube dress with matching raccoon eyes and next time I see her, I will definitely look for scars. Paranoid much? The Orphan will make you think twice before letting a stranger into your house. Of course you just mean well but the world is full of psychos. 
 
I'm such a sucker for this type of movies. I enjoy screaming my lungs out. I love horror movies too but since I have no one to watch spooky horror movies with me (because my sister who likes ghost movies as well has gotten married), have steered clear of them. Yes, I am a scaredy cat like that.  

Who said that only in Philippine movies do the police arrive late in the crime scene? They also do in Hollywood movies. In other words, wala silang silbi. They have guns and whathaveyous to fend off criminals and psychotics and psychotic criminals. What are they good for if they arrive too late? Eh di sana stretcher na lang palagi dala nila kasi patay na lahat pagdating nila. Why bother bringing guns, ya?

Yipee, another movie in the list! Jaime gave me three movie passes to I Do and am thinking of treating the girls tomorrow as a treat for helping me out. I really don't want to watch but hey, it's free and an Enchong Dee movie ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails