Sunday, September 19, 2010

counting my blessings

I was in a rut for the past few weeks and I'm happy to say that I'm out of it starting today. All it took was a decision. Good thing I decided to get out the rut and make things awesome. Dapat proactive tayo ;)

Thank you for

... Hungry Hungarian sandwiches
... Free tortilla and bread with butter para el descanso
... A new outfit for only P500
... Crispy lechon balat
... Mocha frap c/o AC
... Having my favorite Mr. See's lechon manok for dinner
... my parents ♥

Feeling appreciative of my parents more than ever and grateful that I have my parents as my parents. The back story- I have a classmate whose work has something to do with adoption. She was in a bahay ampunan sometime last week and there was this father who came in to leave his three kids- a 4-year old, a 2-year old and a 1-month old baby- and give them up for adoption. His wife died giving birth to their 1-month old baby and maybe he thinks he can't bring up this children all by himself so he left them there. Wala naman daw problema sa mga younger kids pero sa 4-year old na may muwang na, he already knows what their father is about to do. Habang nakakapit sa binti ng tatay, sabi ng bata: "Tay, wag mo akong iwan dito. Hindi ko na sasabihin pag nagugutom ako." Waaaah!!! Gusto kong umiyak! I was fighting my tears because I was in class. What a heartbreaking scenario. And I thought I had problems. My so problems are nothing compared to other people's. Grabe, kahit naalala ko lang naiiyak pa rin ako.

So thank You very very much, Lord, for all the blessings! I hope someone with a kind heart will adopt those kids.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails