Monday, September 20, 2010

movie marathon mondays!

I have this goal to watch 100 movies in 2010 and so far I've only seen 52 movies which means 48 more movies to go. With only a little over 100 days before the year ends, I need to watch 48 movies. So I declare Mondays as movie marathon day to meet my target. Three movies today:

Movie #1: Bride Wars
 I've heard so many bad reviews over this film that didn't even bother seeing it when it first came out. Last week, my bro-in-law bought a copy and I'm in dire need of regular dose of chick flicks.

You know what, not bad actually. Or maybe I was expecting it to be so bad that I find it good. Whatever the case may be, I enjoyed this movie.

One thing about American movies- why is marriage a big deal when they're already living under the same roof, sharing a bed and are practically doing what married couples do? WHY? If it's just for the mere reason that they get to don poofy white dresses... sorry I don't get the point.

Movie #2: Julie & Julia
Another pleasant surprise for me. This DVD has been on my stash for MONTHS! Heard it's good but I'm not into cooking and all that domesticated goddess shizz that I passed on in this fun movie.

I love Meryl Streep in this one. I always see her in serious roles and this makes me see her in a new light and my gosh she's one good actress. And Amy Adams- this movie made me see her in a different way and not as that Tourette-ish princess from Enchanted.

If there's one thing I've learned from this movie, it it Moderation is key. Yes, do that one thing that is your source of joy but there's also this thing called too much. When it starts becoming an obsession it starts feeling like a chore, then there comes a point when we don't enjoy doing it anymore or we start feeling bad because it doesn't make us feel good or happy like it used to. And another thing- having idols and why it's better not meeting them at all. We usually put our idols on a pedestal and we have these ideals of how they're supposed to be and if we do meet them and realize they're NOT what we thought they were, then we're in for a major disappointment. Admiring from afar is advisable.

Movie #3: The Blind Side
The movie which won Sandra Bullock her Oscar, around the same time she found out her husband is cheating on her with a tattooed freak. Back then, I didn't watch it because I thought I don't want to watch a movie just because everyone else was watching. Plus, football and wowowee-ish sob stories don't really appeal to me. Or so I thought...

 Another pleasant surprise. So sorry for judging this movie even before I watched it. It definitely wasn't a sob story. Albeit, it was a story of success. Really heartwarming and reminded me of the bahay ampunan story I heard last Saturday. And this movie is based on a true story which makes it even better.

Maybe it really takes someone to believe in you for you to believe in yourself, too. Also, it helps that this someone has a kind heart. There are a lot of kids like Mike Oher but he's lucky he has someone like Leigh Ann Touhy who believed that he is capable of great things. This made me believe again in the goodness in people.

Just felt it was a bit Erin Brokovich-ish. Anyway, I love it just the same.

Are these movies really tearjerkers or I'm just emo these days? What's wrong with me? Argh. I hope new GG episode, How I Met Your Mother and Chuck season premieres tomorrow will cure me of my emo-itis.

45 movies to go...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails