Tuesday, September 7, 2010

pick flick: timer

If a clock could count down to the moment you meet your soul mate, would you want to know?

See, this is a dilemma actually. If you already know, where's the fun in that? But then again, I think I would also like the feeling of certainty.
  • If a device would tell you when exactly you would meet the one person you're destined to be with, would you get it? With NOT KNOWING, there's always the element of surprise which I think makes life exciting. With KNOWING, you will know beforehand whether there's someone out there for you (provided he has gotten himself a timer, too) and I always like that feeling of certainty. But the element of surprise is tempting. And since not everyone in the movie has a timer, what if the one you're destined to be with doesn't have one yet? And what if he never gets one? Do you take the chance or do you patiently wait?
  • Oooh, Gossip Girl connection! Uncle Jack is Dan and cute, younger boy Mikey is Aaron Rose. Uncle Jack/Dan is sooo much handsome when he's kind and not manyak-ish and Mikey/Aaron is so adorable playing non-stuck up characters.
Really like 'em scruffy, eh?
  • Not only does the timer gives you your "one true love," but it also spares you from heartaches and heartbreaks from people who aren't "the one." But then again, gone also are the little joys brought about by crushes and secret loves, gone are those butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling you get every time the object of your affection throws you a glance. And what do you do during that period when you haven't met him/her yet? Can't you love another in the meantime?

Sabi ko na nga ba I should've blogged about this movie right after I saw it because all of the other comments and stuff that came into mind are all gone by now. Anyway, this movie was such a pleasant surprise. Really didn't expect much from it. I'm happy I bought this because this pretty much is what I'm sort of preoccupied with as of late. Well, that and how to make bazillions of money. If such technology would be invented, I think I'd get one just because I would like to know whether or not I am destined to be in a relationship or in marital bliss or whatever. I. JUST. WANT. TO. KNOW. Because if I wasn't meant to have my own family, then there's no need to save up. I'll just use them all up and give myself one helluva freakintastic life!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails