Sunday, September 12, 2010

pick flick: resident evil 4: afterlife

Choices were Despicable Me, Going the Distance and Resident Evil 4: Afterlife. I already saw Despicable Me. Armida saw Going the Distance. So I guess we're left with Resident Evil but then again original plan was watch Resident Evil. Apparently, my bff is a sucker for zombie movies and that fact I came to know about only recently even if we've been friends for 16 years.
  1. Milla Jovovich still looks beautiful and svelte even in her 30s (psssh! life is not fair). This is the first ever Resident Evil and Jovovich movie I've seen. I didn't expect much so there wasn't much room for disappointment. I enjoyed it, especially with its Matrix-esque effects. I was surprised A didn't like it that much. Then again, I don't have anything to compare it with not having seen the first three Resident Evil movies.
  2. Having been traumatized by Silent Hill, I have aversion towards movies based on video games. Maybe it really is better to not have expectations because I went in thinking it could be another lame zombie movie that I would so hit my head had I paid money for it (watched it for free! c/o A's handy-dandy pass). But you know what, I totally loved the suspense- "SA LIKOD!!!" Haha. I literally jumped off my seat! Though there wasn't much zombie action. Night of the Living Dead pa din.
  3. How come everyone suddenly knows kung fu or some other form of martial art? So now I know that when this happens I'd die for sure because I don't know any kung fu or karate. The zombies will surely eat my brains! Those will be one of those days when I wish I were born as a lawnmower. Ha!
  4. This is survival of the fittest, y'all! Notice how only the beautiful people made it alive??? Beautiful and knows kung fu.
  5. Though this movie is science fiction, I think it is possible. Humans play God. Yes, we want to find ways to improve quality of life and the shizz but we have to have limitations. I feel human cloning is just too much though I am clueless if this is already possible. If we play God, we change the natural order of things and we destroy the existing balance. I just think this could happen in the future.
  6. We could all deduce from the movie's ending that there would be a fifth installment and I'm so going to watch. Will borrow Resident Evil 1 to 3 from A.
Sleepy sleepy. Toodles ☺

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails