Friday, September 3, 2010

broadway mode

I'm referring to the shushal Broadway, home of great musicals and cheverloo, not the Broadway, set of Eat Bulaga. I forgot how I got into this mode- maybe because of my Glee marathon. I ♥ Idina Menzel's voice... hope one day I'll wake up and find out I can birit it like her.


BROADWAY MODE + EMO = (UNEXPECTED SONG) + (I KNOW HIM SO WELL). Yes, this is nosebleed to the max!

 UNEXPECTED SONG

I remember hearing this song for the first time and it reminded me of cats shrieking- ang ingay! AB was playing Bernadette Peters' version on youtube over and over at natutuliling na tenga ko sa ingay. I just learned to appreciate this song this one night when AB brought me to a PETA event and someone sang this song, beautifully. Searched for it and here it is, Idina Menzel's version. Plus, lyrics are ishweet ;)

I have never felt like this For once I'm lost for words
Your smile has really thrown me
This is not like me at all I never thought I'd know
The kind of love you've shown me
Now, no matter where I am
No matter what I do
I see your face appearing
Like an unexpected song
That only we are hearing
I don't know what is going on
Can't work it out at all
Whatever made you choose me
I just can't believe my eyes You look at me as though
You couldn't bear to lose me

I KNOW HIM SO WELL
 

I'm familiar with this song cos I used to sing it as a kid or my sisters used to sing it back then when minus one and multiplex was still the shizz! Got re-acquainted with the song just yesterday and found out it was from a Broadway musical as well. Version na ni Whitney Houston ang naabutan ko haha.

Nothing is so good it lasts eternally
Perfect situations must go wrong
But this has never yet prevented me,
Wanting far too much for far too long,
Wasn't it good? Wasn't he fine?
Isn't it madness
He can't be mine?
But in the end
He needs a little bit more than me,
More security
He needs his fantasy and freedom,
I know him so well
No-one in your life is with you constantly
No-one is completely on your side
And though I'd move my world to be with him,
Still the gap between us is too wide
Looking back
I could have played it differently,
Learned about the man before I fell
But I was ever so much younger then
Now at least I know I know him well

Wasn't it good? Wasn't he fine?
Isn't it madness
He can't be mine?

Didn't I know?
How it would go,
If I knew from the start,
Why am I falling apart?

 
Have an addition to my 30 Things to do before 30- watch a Broadway musical in Broadway! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails