Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 03: Favorite Memory From Chilhood

        I enjoyed my childhood so it's really difficult for me to choose just one favorite memory from it. I loved pasyal days with my family, even if that meant going to mommy's boutique and just waiting for her to close shop. With friends, I loved going out to play every afternoon, playing patintero, tex, shark-sharkan, wolf-wolfan and other games we invented. Or going around the village in our playmates' sidecar, looking for flowers to pick to offer in church.

       But if I were to choose just one favorite memory, the memory that stands out from all the beautiful memories I had as a child, it would be that Christmas when Vicky and I received bikes from "Santa Claus." Mine was purple, Vicky's was yellow. I can still remember when I first laid eyes on those bikes, they were still wrapped with bubble wrap ☺ New bikes + bubble wrap to pop = Even my older sisters attest to how happy we were when we saw Christmas gift from  Santa. It sure feels great to be a kid.

       Rockin' my uber-short bangs

Ahh.. those were the days, when kids were kids. Unlike now. Kids these days try so hard to act like grown-ups, going around the mall in their three-inch stilletos. Anyway, I'm just happy I was a kid when life was much simpler, kids were less materialistic and gallivanting around like Paris Hilton wasn't considered cool. I love the 90s!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails