Monday, June 14, 2010

A Weekend Made in Heaven

Long weekend. Independence day holiday. Nothing new for me because I'm always on a holiday. Woohoo! Actually, it's the other way around... we always have work, even on holidays, most especially on holidays. Posting today to blab about my Fantastic Weekend ☺

Independence Day = FREEdom

Woke up pretty early but still arrived late for class because no one could bring me to the train station and it took me a bazillion light years, waiting for an FX going there. I whipped out my prepaid ticket from my bag and got a little disoriented when all the gates had red Xs on them and I was thinking what the hell was happening, were the trains out of order? So I moved in a little closer to the gates and then BAM! there was a little, handwritten sign saying LIBRENG SAKAY. Oh goody! Because it was Independence Day, the government offered the citizens free ride on all railway systems from 5am to 9am and from 3pm to 7pm. What a way to (semi) start your day, right? Even if that free ride would have originally just cost me P15, still nothing beats free stuff ♥ most especially, if it was totally unexpected.


Spanish class from 9 to 12. Afterwards, it was lunch with Joji and Jean. We wanted to try something new, to deviate from our usual Pancake House lunch. So we went all the way to Makati and found ourselves in Greenbelt 5. Jean informed us it was her third anniversary at work and I chanted (of course meant as a joke) "Libre! Libre!" Eh, kumagat ;) Bongga! We opted to eat at Restaurante Pia y Damaso since we were fresh from a Noli Me Tangere discussion in class and we were already salivating for Pinoy cuisine cos we were already talking about that famed chicken tinola in Noli's first chapter. But we didn't order Tinola, haha. Instead, we had the Nga Nga Beef Salad and Pork Belly with Chorizo and Chickpeas ☺ And for dessert and Jean's treat, we had Salvi's Canonigo, The Diablo and Ibarra's Kiss. What a gastronomic delight! If only I could, I would definitely lick my plate clean.

Free ride again going home. And it seems as if I haven't satisfied my heart's, or should I say my tummy's, desires, I got myself a small cup of frozen yogurt with mandarin oranges and cocoa pebbles from Red Mango. Yes, I still believe I can lose pounds even if I eat this way. It's just mind over matter, people ;)

Upon reaching home, I was ready to settle into my pambahay get-up, play with my nephew and play Little Big Planet on my brother-in-law's Playstation. But AD asked me if I wanted to go with her in Eastwood, where she's meeting a friend. I asked her if it was her treat. Oo daw. So GO! naman si ako. We had dinner at Cookbook Kitchen and for the second time that day, I can feel my tummy cartwheeling with glee. We had I-Forgot-the-Name Pasta and Pork Steak with Honey Mustard Sauce. Dessert was at Starbucks and my treat ☺

Happy Sunday
pero hindi Mission: Accomplished. Pienso que algunos días, tengo que aparecer que no estoy demasiado emocionante para verle, que darle una oportunidad para echarme de menos. ¡Ojalá!

Lunch at Lola Idang's with our aunts. Food and service was a let-down and to think that was already kare-kare and crispy pata, haha. I remember the last time we ate there, it was a pleasurable experience but I don't know what happened this time. Maybe it was because their service sucked and that fact somehow tainted my taste buds and made me not enjoy the food. Plus, it's the return of comeback of Tukling- just seeing her make pa-cute there in the other end of the table makes me want to put her inside a sako and hang her upside down.

Juks trip with my sisters and got myself some cheap rags. Mass at Padre Pio to which we arrived late, verry late. AC treated us to some mocha frap and siopao. I know, a very unlikely pair but still yummies overload over the weekend ;)

And I'm still feeling the good vibe today :) Just watched When In Rome this morning while putting Joaquim to sleep. Movie review to follow. But first, here's my LSS as of late- Ke$ha's Your Love Is My Drug



Maybe I need some rehab, or maybe just need some sleep
I've got a sick obsession, I'm seeing it in my dreams
What you've got boy is hard to find
Think about it all about it all the time
I'm all strung up my heart is fried
I just cant get you off my mind
I don't care what people say
The rush is worth the price I pay
I get so high when you're with me
But crash and crave you when you are away

Prepping up for next week's cousin's house blessing and Cebu lechon ♥ XOXO

1 comment:

christmas said...

May cookbook kitchen sa eastwood?? i've been wanting to eat at their resto sa may shaw (mandaluyong area), but haven't gotten the chance to, since it's super out of the way... ok ba food nila?

Related Posts with Thumbnails