Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pick Flick: When In Rome

Run-of-the-mill rom-com. Except maybe that it has Josh Duhamel in it but almost all rom-coms have the cutest man candies in them.

1. When In Rome used the ol' trusty formula for romantic comedies- Cynical Girl swears off men for eternity, suddenly meets Cute Guy and in a split-second they hit it off. Cynical Girl falls for Cute Guy but then finds out that Cute Guy is involved with someone else, and so forth and so on.

2. Modern fairy tale, complete with magic. Although I believe that magic should be left to animated and fantasy movies, I could say that it was fun watching this one. Of course, I wouldn't go on believing that wishing on the Trevi fountain would bring me luck in love. Hmm, come to think of it, Beth (Kristen Bell) didn't throw a coin and make a wish and yet she found reel love.

3. "Kapag guapo may crush sayo, secret admirer ang tawag. Kapag pangit, stalker." ROFL. And this movie just proves that. She avoided and ran from all those weirdos who pursued her, while she didn't do the same when it comes to Nick (Josh Duhamel). Biased talaga ang mundo sa mga magaganda at guapo. Unfair.

4. I love it how the movies can glamorize even the most boring stuff on earth. I can never imagine how being an art curator could be exciting. Every time I pass by those art galleries in malls, those art curators always seem to be bored out of their wits. Well, I don't know if those people are considered art curators. And also, how could one make a career of it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails