Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pick Flick: Here Comes the Bride

I have AD to thank for that free ticket because if it wasn't for her, I would have missed out on this very funny movie.

Six Things about Here Comes the Bride:

1. The plot: Five persons exchanged bodies after this one fateful day when they were all part of a car collision at the exact moment a total solar eclipse happened. At first, I was dubious of the plot. I was pessimistic that they could pull this off but I was pleasantly surprised because they did pull it off.

2. The success of the movie could be attributed to the the five actors who played the five main characters. Hats off to Eugene Domingo, Angelica Panganiban, Jaime Fabregas, John Lapus and Tuesday Vargas! Isang palyadong artista lang diyan and it could've ruined the entire movie. Magaling ang casting, in fernezzz. I can't say I have a favorite character out of all the five. They were all superb! Kalurkey! Their acting prowess really surfaced in this movie.

3. I love how the characters (except one) found solace in their foreign bodies. As they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." A successful lawyer who suddenly found herself in the body of a young yaya accepts her fate because she gets an instant lovelife, what she was lacking in her life~ just one of the five lives changed that day.

4. Aside from great acting and funny lines, the audience's reactions would also make you laugh. It's funny how everyone would get squeamish every time Harold (Tom Rodriguez) would try to kiss the character of Eugene Domingo. Each time they would yell, "Yuuuck!" Kawawa naman. Bakit wala ba siyang karapatan magka-jowa ng guapo? Haha.

5. Although I don't get it why Cherry Pie Picache's character wasn't alarmed by her daughter's sudden personality change? For 20+ years of her life, Stefanie was sickeningly sweet and all of a sudden she becomes this wild girl who is proficient in sward speak.

6. Whattaweddingsouvenir!!! What do you expect your guests to do with a heart-shaped pillow with your pictures on both sides? Except na lang if they were harboring some sort hidden desire either to the bride or groom but otherwise, why would I want a pillow with their faces on it? EXPLAIN. Better yet, get your wedding souvenirs from me ;) Reasonably priced na, practical pa. Oha!

7. Gusto mo underline-an ko pa? Tapos lagyan ko ng highlighter? I-spell ko pa for you? A line from the movie which could be very, very useful ;)

Funny, funny movie. I can't wait until they have an available torrent for this so I could download it and send it to AB. We both liked Kimmy Dora kasi and if more people liked Here Comes the Bride, maybe she'll enjoy this one, too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails