Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Decade in Review

After doing the pros and cons of the past year, I decided to do a review of the past ten years of my life which is actually an idea ripped from Five Blondes, a blog I stumbled upon while blog-hopping one night. If I'm not mistaken, the blog is written by five sisters which is like close to home since there are also five of us, only we're not blondes. Although there are occasions when one or two are blondes, with the help of Loreal or Kolours, LOL.

In 2000, I was a high school senior. I was president of the science club and VP of the Eco Team. Went stag to the grad ball (as with prom). I graduated from high school and then started college May of the same year. Had my first real, live crush (read: non-popstars) who was my blockmate in college. I dreaded the first few weeks of college but got by with a little help from my friends. First time to take the LRT.

In 2001, un-crushed blockmate crush and crushed on PE classmate. I found out who my true friends were, Juno, Jo, Xmas & Ice. And because of said PE classmate crush, got to know another good friend (ikaw yun, Ycel). I had my very first cellphone which was a 3310 unit, Space Impact FTW!

In 2002, I went to the province to help with my dad's campaign but I never really much of a help. Still in-crush with my ex-PE classmate. I did OJT in the Court of Appeals so that was a few months spent stamping addresses on envelopes and printing out minute resolutions.

In 2003, I was in my last year of university. I was kicked out of class one time. I made two theses. I aced my first thesis and did so-so with the second one, although I still think we deserve a much better grade for it. I think we didn't ace our thesis because teacher who booted us out of class was also our thesis defense panelist. I graduated from college and I was late for my graduation. I got into law school although I already had second thoughts whether I really like this path. After two weeks, endless sleepless nights, law school-related nightmares and crying spells, I withdrew from law school. I was a bum for the rest of the year and for that, I got hooked into Meteor Garden. I was gaga over F4 and watched their show religiously and went to all their concerts. I started studying Spanish.

In 2004, I gained a looooot of weight. I was a little depressed because of my law school FAIL! and I kind of felt "derailed" when all of my life I thought becoming a lawyer was all I wanted but then realized that it's not it. Moped inside the house and lingered on what I could never be. I worked at a call center for a wee bit. Trained there for three weeks, was on the floor for a week. Went AWOL after talking to a difficult customer for 45 minutes. Moped some more. Gained more weight. Worked as a "stylist" for my sister's shop.

In 2005, I began working in my sister's business. I went to Boracay with sisters for vacation and had so much fun. This was also the year that my Korean drama and K-pop fixation was in an all-time high. I started to love Divisoria in spite of the stench and kalat. Vicky and I were relocated to the other room. Originally, we didn't want to move into another room. We were bribed with a TV.

In 2006, I quit working in my sister's business full-time and just worked from home. Started a small nail spa business. Attended a four-day spa-operations workshop but didn't really learn much from it. I went to the province for my cousin's wedding. A lovely family rented out the room above our garage and became close friends with them.

In 2007, I met a cousin for the very first time. Went to Boracay and Capiz to accompany her. The start of my Gossip Girl fixation and what was the start of my US TV series love and the end of my Korean drama addiction. I went to Mindoro to go Juno's mansyon. I started another business.

In 2008, I decided to be happy which means no more crying spells and wallowing in self-pity. Also, I met another cousin for the first time. Gossip Girl. Chuck. Twilight and Robert Pattinson fixation. My youngest sister got married, the first ever marriage in the family. I traveled out of the country for the first time~ Bangkok with mommy, daddy and AD.

In 2009, I started selling my stuff in this certain department store via consignment. Our house got flooded up to chest level inside during Ondoy. Another sister, AD, got married in a church wedding. My first nephew was born. First Christmas without a Christmas tree nor Christmas decors (Ondoy's fault).

Looking back, I think nothing much happened during those ten years! Ten years!!! I let ten years pass just like that? Homaygulay. This is a wake-up call for me. I guess it's time for me start Project M.Y.L.A: Make Your Like Amazing




Starting right now...

1 comment:

christmas said...

try ko ring gumawa nito. kaya lang mukhang maraming blanks in between. wala akong sense of time. hindi ko na alam anong exact year nangyari ung mga bagay-bagay. hehe. :P at wala ring exceptional na nangyari sa ibang years. :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails