Friday, September 25, 2009

Once you pop, you can't stop: T V edition

I watch too much TV. Obviously. And I even have time to go through them, well, at least those that I love sooo much. What's keeping me busy nowadays is the slew of new seasons of US series and new telenovelas here in the local TV scene. I love watching TV but I am a chronic channel surfer. Usually, I'd end up not finishing a TV program because I forgot to turn it back to that channel after I channel surfed for a wee bit when the commercials were on. Only TMZ can hold my attention for that long, or whenever my sister's watching TV with me. Anyway, here's my take on the series and telenovelas I've been watching although not on a regular basis.

Local Telenovelas

Tayong Dalawa
I loved this telenovela before and tried to watch it religiously. Aside from Jake Cuenca, the primary reason why I wanted to watch it, I thought the story was good. But that was before Kim Chiu's character, Audrey, started acting all SM aka simpleng malandi. If you're causing that much trouble and heartbreak to one family you should know better than to stay in their lives. I wanted her dead. And the writers didn't disappoint me. >insert evil laugh here< Almost everyone I know hated Audrey. Good riddance, I say. Tonight is the Tayong Dalawa's finale and I am not very keen on watching it. They should've ended it eons ago, before the plot went all crazy. Nung gumulo na lahat at sobrang gusto ko na sipain si Audrey sa mukha, and natitirang consuelo na lang ay ang makita si Coco Martin, five times a week.
Image credits

Stairway to Heaven
Our household is Kapamilya. Not that I am actually one because I just watch whatever is good on TV or whatever my mommy's watching (which is Channel 2, ALL THE TIME, except on Sundays when she watches Sunday TV Mass on other channels). I don't have issues naman with watching this show which happens to belong to the rival channel kasi hindi naman ako die-hard fan ng Ch2. I just want to watch it so I could compare it to the original one. I think Rhian Ramos is perfect for the role of Han Jeong-soo (or more popularly known here as Jodi), but I really don't like Dingdong Dantes as Cha Song-joo (or Cholo). But I have yet to watch it to be able to judge it. I've seen only the episodes with their kid versions so I need to tune in to this next week.
Image credits


Katorse
Si Nene ay malandi na, ang sabi niya ay ganito...
Haha. My gollybananaQ~ paano ba namang hindi mabubuntis si Nene, eh laging naghihimutok ang boobs niya?!? According to AD, si Nene ay hindi inosente kundi ignorante.
I've seen only two or three episodes of this series pero in fairness, I think I might want to keep watching it because Nene's kalandian and/or katangahan is entertaining.
Nene's mother either needs to tell her daughter to stop wearing too tight clothes or buy her a bigger bra.

Image credits


Lovers in Paris
As with Stairway to Heaven, just want to watch this one to compare it with the original. I was excited when I found out they're going to make a local version of this Korean series but got disappointed when I found out KC Concepcion will play Kang Tae-young and Piolo Pascual as Han Ki-joo. For me kasi, they should have not gotten someone as good-looking as KC to play Tae-young kasi hindi naman maganda si Kim Jung-eun (who originally played Tae-young's character). In my opinion, it wouldn't be hard to get attracted to Tae-young if she's as pretty as KC, right? The only actor I think who was spot on with the original character is Zanjoe. Tall, handsome and madumi. Hindi naman yung taong-grasang tipo ng madumi. He looks... rugged. Ayun, that's the term I'm looking for. He looks rugged just like Lee Dong-gun.

Lovers in Paris airing on Monday na.
Image credits


American series

Aside from Gossip Girl and Glee, here are the other series that keeps me busy whenever I am not busy.

How I Met Your Mother
Done with Season 3 and have to yet meet up with Ycel so I can get my copy she made for me. This is very, very funny and because each episode lasts only 20 minutes, not dragging at all.

I'm still in love with Ted Mosby. I still think that Lily and Marshall make the sweetest couple ever. I'm still hoping that Robin and Ted would get back together but I think Barney has a thing for Robin. I heard on the radio that Barney's going for Robin on the fifth season but I don't want to know anything unless I've seen the 4th one.




Pushing Daisies
I don't know why but this series always puts me to sleep. Maganda naman siya and I enjoy watching it. I also like it every time Olive breaks into a song. I love Olive. Every girl who is harboring some kind of secret crush towards any boy can relate to her.






Olive Snook- Hopelessly Devoted to You


Olive Snook- Eternal Flame




10 Things I Hate About You
I'm watching this because I loved the movie. Although I think that the movie is still sooo much better, okay naman siya. No one can do Kat Stratford like Julia Stiles and Larisa Oleynik is still the most perfect Bianca Stratford. And Heath Ledger still kicks Ethan Peck's ass being Patrick Verona.

So far, everything that's been happening is still based from the original movie and I really can't help it but compare. I want to see what they would do to the latter episodes when they start making their own storyline. Too much blabbing about nothing relevant so I guess I should end this and on that note, I'm ending this with my favorite scene from the series' latest episode~



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails