Wednesday, September 23, 2009

GG S03 E02: The Freshmen

New York, I love you!

It's a good thing the cast didn't go to college at Yale or somewhere else because honestly, Gossip Girl wouldn't be the same if it isn't set in NY.

I love this episode, much better than last week's. Love it because there's a lot happening~ Serena being a trainwreck, Vanessa still being a sellout, Nate still being a man-slut, Blair trying too hard and Dan, believe it or not, being cool. Not Serena-centric as the last episode was. Plus, there's some Georgina Sparks action going on.

Yes I do love Blair and and this episode even though it was all about Blair actually being in Social Siberia. Words of wisdom to you my dear, "Ang life parang gulong, minsan you're up, minsan you're down." I'm so excited as to what would the next episode bring because I'm totally clueless as to whether or not Blair would be able to reclaim her position at the top. Eh kasi naman, huwag masyadong bibo at epal ang mga freshmen. You're new in school, you're supposed to lay low and observe your surroundings first, not pounce on every chance you get. Especially when you're an incoming freshman, you can't be the queen because you're at the bottom of the heap.

Dan Humprey says kill the headband. I'm a little conflicted about this because the headband is Blair's trademark but at the same time, I'm getting sick and tired of it. But, the headband looks good on Blair. And only on Blair. If other people [read: real people who aren't acting on a tv series] would wear the kind of headbands Blair wears on the show (those with big bows, etc.), they'll only look retarded. Headband aside, I loved Blair's outfits in this episode. Whatever she wears, she always looks polished. And man, I love the eyebrows!

Blair may be mean sometimes, okay, all the time... but still she's adorable. Serena can do something very typical of a teenager, like rebel once in a while, but I'd bash her for it. But when Blair does something very unusual and downright mean (like haze a teacher who, by the way, turned out to be a skeeze), I'd still find her adorable.

Hey, Dan Humphrey~

is easy. How could you fall for Georgina's act all over again? If I remember correctly, Serena, his ex-girlfriend-turned-step-sister, had major issues with her and if this Georgina thing pushes through, it's just plain creepy. Giving people a second chance doesn't mean you give them a second chance to make a fool out of you. Please bring Hilary Duff into the scene already! I love having Georgina in the show to wreak havoc but not as Gullible Dan's girlfriend.

FTW! I know I haven't been a Chuck + Blair fan but I'm starting to like these two. Slowly, I'm getting convinced that Chuck is capable of real human positive emotions aside from lust and envy. With Blair's forever absentee mother still nowhere to be found, I'm happy for Blair that she now has Chuck to go to at the end of the day. My only worry about this is until when this is gonna last. When Chuck realizes he still can't be monogamous, to whom will Blair turn to? I can say Serena but she's busy being a trainwreck.

We can all hope that Chuck and Blair would remain like this forever but this could never happen in GG World. There has to be scandal and all the other negative aspects that comes with living the life of the filthy rich to convince us little people that our hand-to-mouth existence is not so bad after all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails