Friday, September 12, 2008

i don't want my MTV

Just finished watching the 25th MTV VMAs. Well, I didn't exactly watched (oops, wrong grammar) watch its entirety, I skipped to the performances. No thanks to MTV Philippines. I downloaded this one again from handy dandy mininova. And the best part of not watching it on tv is I could skip to the good parts and there were no commercial breaks.

It was okay. I mean, I think they could have done much better given that it was their 25th video music awards. The performances were a little less-than-stellar. The only performances I liked were Rihanna's opening perf (Disturbia) and Christina Aguilera's. I was kinda excited for Katy Perry's number but it was not as I expected it would be. It would have been waaaay better had she performed on stage with the works! Also, I was expecting a performance from Britney Spears but there was none. She only did the opening spiel/remarks/skit. I was looking forward to it pa naman. Pero wala. Keri. But I must say, standing ovation and Lola Britney mo paglabas sa stage.

Well, AD said that she's happy for Britney din naman since she has straightened up her act already. Let's just hope that she maintains it.

My favorite song as of the moment is... Miley Cyrus' 7 Things. I love it!

Well, I was a Hannah Montana/Miley fan even before. I just got disappointed at her when she started acting like a diva. Hello! She's only 15 years old, 'no? Sige siya, pag pinagpatuloy niya yan, mas krung-krung pa siya kay Britney pagtanda niya. Anyway... I really like this song. It's a catchy tune and I love how she says "and the 7th thing I hate the most that you do..." With emphasis on most talaga.

Another favorite song of the moment is Pussycat Dolls' When I Grow Up. It's no secret that I want to be a Pussycat Doll. If I were to be asked again what would I want to be in a perfect world, I want to be PCD. When I Grow Up was my LSS last Saturday and so I kept annoying my sister by singing the first two lines of the song over and over. And what annoyed her most was the line "what's up, sexy" uttered by some male voice na parang lasenggo. Hehe. We also had a small discussion on the lyrics. My sister said that it's "when I grow up I wanna have boobies." That's what I initially heard but then I checked it on the net and on Myx and according to both, it's "groupies." Sabi niya sino naman daw ang bata na may concept na ng groupies. Sige, boobies na nga lang.

I must be getting old. AD asked me if I knew who Boys Like Girls were. I said I don't know them but I saw their billboard along C5. AD said, "Tumatanda ka na nga. Hindi mo na rin kilala yung mga banda." Well, ewan ko. I still maintain that they're not that popular for me to know who they are. Feeling. Haha. Eh kasi I don't listen to the radio that much. I don't watch MTV and Channel [V] that much, too. AD said that the band had lots of audiences daw last Saturday. So they must be popular. But if they're popular, how come I don't know who they are? Maybe they appeal to a specific group of people (ie. punks, emos, goths, etc) Of course ayokong aminin na gumugurang na din ako. Excuses.

Late na. I think I should go to sleep already kasi nagugutom na ako uli.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ako kilala ko ung boys likes girls.
try mo dl hero/heroine, the great escape and heels over head.
and for the record di ako emo =P

Related Posts with Thumbnails