Wednesday, May 21, 2008

GG Season Finale: Much "I Do" About Nothing

**Channeling Britney Spears** (with matching dance step)
Give me, give me... give me... give me, give me.... MORE!!!

What a great season ender that was! The ultimate rigodon. It left me really wanting more. Suddenly 3 months seem so far away.

Although it was a great season ender, it wasn't as scandalous as episode 13 (Thin Line between Nate & Chuck). My prediction about Dan and Serena's relationship was wrong, but somehow I kind of saw this coming. Unlike with ep13, I didn't expect any of that would happen. But of course, this episode defintely made me want to wish that September comes right after the month of May.

What I loved about this episode:
  • Blair & Chuck. The scene where Blair woke up and found herself sleeping beside Chuck and as soon as she realizes such, she hits him and questions what, when and why? This definitely goes into my favorite GG moments. Also loved the scene where Chuck was delivering his best man speech about love and eklavu... the whole time he was looking at Blair. So maybe Chuck Bass really has a heart (... or not).
  • Lily & Rufus. Yes, they made me have those kilig moments. Isa lang masasabi ko, ang haba ng hair ni Lily, ha.
  • Bart Bass. I loved it how he didn't throw any fit since he knew about Lily's infidelity which happened just the day before their wedding lang naman. I loved it how he was subtle about it and used analogy to get his point across.
Lily: I think you should let it go.
Bart: I agree. Now, can you do the same for me?
  • Blair (to Vanessa): I just feel sorry for you, that's all. Dating an Archibald is a tortured process, the endless supply of family drama, the fact that he never really got over Serena though falling for someone whose in love with Serena, you already know how that feels, don't you? --->Winner, hands down.
  • The nicknames:Vanessa as Punky Brewster and Nate as Man-bangs
  • Perfect song for Dan & Serena's status... sad :(( Although the song's lyrics are tragically beautiful, I don't really like it that much. I just loved how the song aptly tells about how the ice is getting thinner under Dan and Serena.


And those that I don't really like about this episode:
  • Chuck just had to live up to his reputation, no? And just when you thought that he has actually fallen in love with Blair, he changes his mind over someone who looked like who'll topple over since her head's too big for her body. And all of that because Bart Bass tells him that having a real girlfriend entails responsibility. Apparently, Charles Bass doesn't want to change his spots after all.
  • The fact that Nate just doesn't get it. I think he is being absolutely selfish. First, he kinda wants his father in jail. And second, I don't get it why he suddenly just decides that his time across the bridge is over??? I so loved the Nate-Vanessa pairing and why oh why did they suddenly decide to break this pairing off... and with no good explanation at that.

Nate, even if you're really cute... you're just too conflicted for my liking
as if?
But still you're very very cute
  • Just because it's a garden wedding, it doesn't mean that you actually have to look like one. Almost every girl was wearing a frickin' floral dress! Overkill!

  • Dan & Serena's "love" couldn't withstand a simple obstacle. Dan, being the most understading person in the world, didn't understand why Serena hid everything from him. He shouldn't feel too bad about it because Serena didn't even tell her own mom. For DanHumphrey, killing someone is more understandable than lying. Yes, Dan, you're the most understanding person in the world indeed.
Oh I am just so so so excited as to what will happen next season. Por favor, I don't want a Nate-Serena pairing nor a Dan-Vanessa one. I just hope that there won't be too much partner-swapping or else it would get too Melrose Place-ish. I hope three months won't take too long...

101 days to go...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails