Friday, February 15, 2008

tsk... tsk...


I just had a total boba moment this morning.

I went to the Civil Service office this morning to apply for the exam civil service career exam on March 9. I had the form filled-up months before but there were a few questions I didn't even bother answering so I left them blank. But they insisted that I had to answer everything.

There was a question that asked would I be willing to work for the government... Sa palagay ko, if I'm taking the exam, hindi ba obvious? And there were 2 follow-up questions, What are the top 3 government agencies I would like to work in and what position. I don't really have anything in mind so I just put the government offices where my daddy used to work and where my sister is currently working. As for the position, I don't know and I DON'T REALLY CARE. So I left it blank.

The lady who processed my paper insisted that I indicate what position I would like to apply for. I said nothing in particular and I'm just taking the exam for eligibility purposes (and that my father wants me to). And because I really don't have anything in mind, I asked her what positions are there... to which she replied, "Standing."

Ako naman si engot, agad-agad ko sinulat. I was totally oblivious that she was actually making a joke. I thought it was some term they use in government offices. Boba!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails