Thursday, February 28, 2008

I am fighting the urge to blog... but as Fergie says, the girl can't help it.

Only one week until my civil service exams and I haven't reviewed yet. The workshop keeps me busy every morning. I know I still have the afternoon to do everything else but when I get home and turn on the computer, everything in my to-do list is forgotten. I need to review for the exams on March 9 because it would be a total embarrassment if I flunk it. Supposedly, it's something similar to college entrance exams so I assumed it would be easy but a lot of people who took it already said it is actually difficult. Hmm... I just wish I'd pass this one. And so I need to rehash my fractions, algebra and science. I should have taken this right after graduation. I should have listened to my father. Tsk..

***
One day more and we're done with pretending. Whew! Time really flies... even when I'm not having too much fun. The workshop was fun at times and mostly boring but at the same time it also caused me panic attacks. And whaddyaknow, it is Friday tomorrow! I never thought I could make it alive 'til tomorrow but I did. But for the past 4 days, nosebleed to death! Today, we had to prove our translating skills and I think I just proved how much of a loser my Spanish is. In an hour, I was able to translate only a page and I am frickin' unsure whether or not my sentences actually made sense. How do you exactly translate Indonesia's Shadow Play into Spanish? I translated it verbatim, as in juego de las sombras, but is it? Sheet. We were allowed to use a dictionary but there were some words not in it, like depiction. Mierda, I just checked the translation of depiction online and it is representaciĆ³n and I put representante! Grrr...

Hmm.. but I guess if I were to do some translating without the time pressure and with the online dictionary and with my notes, I'd do just fine...

***
I'm sick. Better yet, I think I'm going to get sick. I am not yet sick-sick.. but I am going there. This has been my pattern for forever! In my 25 years of existence, the sore throat comes first and then everything else follows, i.e. cough, colds, fever, in other words, the flu. If it were two years ago, I would welcome the flu with open arms since it justifies my bum-ness. But now I need to do lots of things, I can't because I don't feel too well. Wrong timing naman. Body ache and eyes feel hot, indeed the signs of an impending fever.

Sore throat, be gone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails