Monday, December 24, 2007

Just a few hours away...

Saling-pusa. That's me when I tagged along my sisters' last minute Christmas shopping spree yesterday. I didn't get anyone anything this Christmas for 2 reasons: 1) I was busy and 2) I was short of cash. But I'm planning on getting some of my friends gifts after the holiday rush but I am still clueless as to what I would give them.

Going back to yesterday's Christmas shopping, we spent the entire day walking around the shopping complex. I didn't buy anything but I was dead tired from all the walking we did. The good thing was there weren't many people... as compared to the other Christmases. Two years ago, we went to Greenhills just hours away from Christmas and the place was packed, as in hindi mahulugan ng karayom. With Glorietta, I don't know if people opted to go shopping in tiangges, other malls or they're still scared of that bombing incident.

Omigosh! Christmas is just a few hours away! I am so excited but apparently, I don't know why I am. The gifts beneath the tree are noticeably fewer and our Christmas tree decors are blah, but I still enjoy counting down the days... (and now) hours 'til it is Christmas day. I just wish that people wouldn't be grumpy and sungit (as the are every Christmas).

As per my mother, we have a new tradition. According to Serena van der Woodsen, you couldn't have a tradition if it's new. I agree. But not according to my mother. And we do really have a new tradition which is having pre-Christmas dinner at my tita's house. It is their Christmas celebration whereas it is just our pre-Christmas celebration. No, we don't sleep over Christmas. People who do are such a bore. Going back... due to that new tradition my mother has, we still don't have anything planned for our noche buena which is a big, big bummer (for me). Just because we ate dinner na at my tita's house, the people here don't feel the need to prepare something more special. Blech! Ano ba 'yun? Kakornihan. Nakakainis. They're the grinches who stole our Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails