Friday, June 22, 2007

Felicity: Season 1


I LOVED IT!

I never thought I would, but I did.

I slept at 4 am because I was itching to know how the season would end.

I watched it for the main reason that it's about this college freshman, Felicity (Keri Russell), who abandoned her Stanford-education dream just to follow her high school crush, Ben (Scott Speedman) to New York. And since I'm a sucker for movies/series with themes/plots like this, I decided to watch it.

Watching Felicity, it somehow gave me an idea how college/university life is in the States (if that's anywhere reality, I have no idea). Comparing it with my college life, I'd say we're worlds apart. When I was in college, it felt as if it was an extension of high school. What I mean to say is that at that stage, I didn't start living my life. College was all about independence but at 24 and 3 years after graduation, I don't know if I'm anywhere near independence.

In spite of Felicity's indecision on whom she really wants to be with, Ben or Noel, I didn't find her annoying (unlike Joey Potter, but that's a different series...). But if I were her, I'd choose Noel despite of his bloated face. At first, I didn't like Noel for Felicity due to his indecision over Felicity and his ex-girlfriend, but towards the end I decided that I really like him for Felicity. As for Ben, I don't know if he really likes Felicity that much or the fact that the girl who once was infatuated with him has her attention directed towards another guy makes her more appealing to him.

It broke my heart when Felicity didn't go with Noel to Berlin. It broke my heart that Felicity cheated on Noel with that Eli guy. Like what I've said about imbibing the mood of what I watch, I am now in a gloomy mood. The ending was open-ended as of the moment. It didn't show whether or not Felicity went with Noel to Berlin or she went with Ben on that 2-week drive home. I'm guessing she went with neither but Ben has the home court advantage since they live in the same locale.

Noel: [to Felicity] Don't hook up with Ben while I'm gone...

Poor Noel. Kung alam lang niya...

My sister said that Keri Russell chopped off her locks and was donning the short do for the second season which affected the show's ratings. Well, maybe it was because Felicity's curly locks is what makes her cute and without it, it's just not the same.

Where can I get SEASON 2?!?!!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails